Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Lt. Commander
Ticket ID #18,689
Summary: Unable to complete quest Promotion Commander; unable to purchase ship
Description: In order to complete the Klingon Promotion to Lt. Com, you're required to purchase a Lt.Com ship. However, since we do not get 10,000 Dilitium, we can not purchase one. When promoted to Commander, we only receive 8,000 Dilithium. It is impossible to complete the mission without getting more Dilithium.

And from a game experience point of view, if I may say, it's pretty lame that we have to grind dilithium and fly around in a Lieutenant ship even after our first Major promotion to Commander.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-06-2011, 11:12 PM
many posts about this, new feature to grind for
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Yeah, this un-droppable mission sitting in my journal constantly mocking my poverty is really the icing on the cake. Talk about adding insult to injury.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-08-2011, 07:01 PM
I have 0 dilithium at commander, pretty annoying
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-08-2011, 07:26 PM
The theory is is that in live, you will be leveling slower, so there is a higher probability that you have done some missions that reward you Dilithium, or Dilithium Ore. So that at least at Commander, you won't notice much of a slowdown in the need to get the remainder of the Ore difference.

For casual players, this is very likely. For people who power quickly through the content, they'll notice a shortage of dilithium quickly at Commander, and even more pronounced at higher levels.

For most of the people on Tribble, this is a huge problem, because you are leveling quickly, the system wasn't fully furnished when it was originally launched, and changes got made after people already leveled.

Not a bug, but perhaps not the best tested 'feature' of the F2P change, on a number of different fronts.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-08-2011, 07:44 PM
I was going to skip the commander ship and get a captain ship like I did with my Federation character, but then I realized there was no way to unlock captain ships without buy a commander ship. On the Fed side this missions auto completes as soon as you talk to the ship vendor, not after you buy the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrion
Ticket ID #18,689
Summary: Unable to complete quest Promotion Commander; unable to purchase ship
Description: In order to complete the Klingon Promotion to Lt. Com, you're required to purchase a Lt.Com ship. However, since we do not get 10,000 Dilitium, we can not purchase one. When promoted to Commander, we only receive 8,000 Dilithium. It is impossible to complete the mission without getting more Dilithium.

And from a game experience point of view, if I may say, it's pretty lame that we have to grind dilithium and fly around in a Lieutenant ship even after our first Major promotion to Commander.
I agree, this is pretty lame. One of the best things about pre-F2P was the fact that you got a "free ship" once you got promoted to the next level. This is really lame that you have to grind out dilithium just to get a starship that you are promoted for.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewkilgore View Post
I was going to skip the commander ship and get a captain ship like I did with my Federation character, but then I realized there was no way to unlock captain ships without buy a commander ship. On the Fed side this missions auto completes as soon as you talk to the ship vendor, not after you buy the ship.
Not any more. This is now a roadblock for everyone, and is apparently "working as intended." The purpose appears to be to force you to grind DL to buy each ship, and to sink all rank up DL into ships and nothing else.
Lt. Commander
# 9 Promotion
10-12-2011, 10:16 AM
I've also faced this problem. I thought it was a lag issue or that i did something wrong so i deleted my Klingon character and started new. But I still have same problem. I was promoted to Commander and have 8000 Dilithium and you need 10,000 to buy the ship. I haven't seen anything where you get rewarded dilithium i the Klingon faction. Klingon Academy isn't open yet so you cant farm particles for Dilithium. It will be quite a grind for everyone once its put in since must need at least 2000 more Dilithium just to buy their Commander ship. For me the missions become to hard. Doing Commander level missions with a Lieutenants ship is frustrating.

Hopefully they will do something about this but i somehow doubt it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-12-2011, 07:16 PM
it's a forced grind and it really really stinks. The part that bothers me is that you are forced to buy ships and spent dilithium on ships that you hate and would rather skip. We should be able to finish that mission without buying a new ship. At the very least, we should be able sell back ships to cut our losses.