Polarized Dual Tetryon Beam Bank
Plasma-Disruptor Hybrid Beam Array
Numiri Regenerative Shield Array
Paratrinic Shield Array

I think that's enough to get the point across
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Well, I had some time to do some grinding, so I did. I'm up to 1350 crafting skill now. I basically farmed in the Delta Volanis cluster and did the Delta Flyer dailies. I don't particularly enjoy farming, but whatever... I put in a DVD of the Big Bang Theory and laughed while I plugged away.

I do like the crafting system for the most part, but I'd definitely prefer to be able to put in my own modifiers.
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzy

The only thing special about most of them is just the name.

Quote:
I do like the crafting system for the most part, but I'd definitely prefer to be able to put in my own modifiers.
So would I but I know I'd just end up with [Turn]x3 engines etc.
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzy

Mark XI or XII purple versions of these items in the game already
Efficient Impulse Engines
Combat Hyper-Impulse Engines
Prototype Gravitic Modulation Impulse Engines
Electro-Plasma Dual Heavy Cannons
Polarized Tetryon Beam Array
Numiri Regenerative Shield Array
Paratrinic Shield Array

I agree with this sentiment and example.
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
The only thing special about most of them is just the name.

If they're taking suggestions I'd suggest...
Efficient Impulse Engines - no real change other then make it an equivalent to a combat impulse engine.

Combat Hyper-Impulse Engines- no change other then level

Electro-Plasma Dual Heavy Cannons
Polarized Tetryon Beam Array
(all these) maybe a custom color and the ability to get damage bonuses from both weapon types making damage a bit more higher if they want to fill both tiers

These three should get minor custom graphics upgrades.

Prototype Gravitic Modulation Impulse Engines- this one I think should have two changes. Make it the equivalent to a turn3 engine, but I'd take a cue from SF and put a slight spacial distortion graphic that changes position when as the ship turns. IE it's a tractor drive. A gravity distortion pulls the ship around. The counter would be a relatively slow maximum speed.

Numiri Regenerative Shield Array- simply up the maximum shield (abet very low in comparision to other arrays) level and regeneration. The lowish maximum shield output should still be an effective counter.

Paratrinic Shield Array- carry the basis forward. make it a Covariant Shield Array [Cap]x5 or 6, but it takes extra power from another system.
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
That's the first thing I'd make, too. One for myself, and a bunch to sell. And they would sell.

A lot of things on the exchange sell well. If you're willing to grind the components, rather than buy them, you can make quite a lot of EC that way. Field Generators (the +35 shield capacity console) still sell well, or they did last time I checked a month ago, and purple weapons of course. + Weapon Power consoles, too.

I used to be able to sell Aegis components all day long for a million EC a piece. Now they aren't worth the crafting materials that go into them. Classic market saturation.
Lt. Commander
# 37
10-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willfl View Post
I didn't get into crafting much early on, and I'm paying for it now. I'm spending quite a bit in the exchange buying samples to get my R&D skills up. At this point, now, I'm actually able to craft stuff worth selling in the exchange to offset my costs for samples, but I still have to really watch my expenses and see what's going for what in the Exchange before I commit.

How're you handling crafting?
I wouldn't worry. Once the DOFF system hits, you'll be swimming in free, non-grind particles.
Lt. Commander
# 38
10-12-2011, 10:25 PM
In my mind, crafting needs to involve the two support classes, science and engineering, in a more realistic way.

That is, Science Officers should be the gathering class. Resources for crafting would be the result of RESEARCH (which would be conducted as a minigame of sorts, perhaps a different minigame for each type of resource).

Engineers are the crafting class. They would be responsible for uitilizing the resources the Science Officers gathered.

Now, I'm not saying that ONLY Science Officers could do research or that ONLY Engineers do crafting, I'm only saying they should be somewhat better in these areas as this is what they trained for, after all.

I can provide a more detailed description of my idea for this if you like, but I've been ignored in the past so I don't see any point.