Lt. Commander
# 101
10-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry_Black_Man
So - again - just to be clear - the reason why they gimped/borked the DHC visualization - is simply so the "Quad Cannons" can look normal? So They really don't have to do anything , really?

FFS - I hope they get the sounds accurate.
It pretty much looks like it.

I must however say that they improved over the old ones. But they are still somewhat 'vague' like they could be brighter...

Like i said above, it looks like they did that intentionally
Lt. Commander
# 102
10-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Not sure what the point of this penalty is, unless the DHCs are truely special in some other way, e.g. deal more damage than 3x[DMG] would inflict for DHCs or something.
The Engine Power drain is totally canonical. The Phaser Cannons were feed from the engines. To achive high speed they had to divert power from the weapon capacitors (or whatever thing it was. It's been ages since I've watched that episode)..
Lt. Commander
# 103
10-10-2011, 11:49 PM
The new STOKED is up, and they show the klink quad cannons briefly.
Lt. Commander
# 104
10-12-2011, 11:21 AM
something being conical isn't reason to nerf something. Game balance....fine if it takes the engine hit then it needs to make up for it some other way. Otherwise its simply a double penalty for no gain.....and thats just retarded.
Lt. Commander
# 105
10-13-2011, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
The Engine Power drain is totally canonical. The Phaser Cannons were feed from the engines. To achive high speed they had to divert power from the weapon capacitors (or whatever thing it was. It's been ages since I've watched that episode)..
So you saw something somewhere in some episode about the cannons...very precise.
Lt. Commander
# 106
10-13-2011, 06:41 AM
Not talking about "Defiant" are we? The Tom Riker episode?