Lt. Commander
Hi Guys,

Do you have to do anything special to get engineering doff missions ? I've only seen 2 maybe 3 missions ever I've completed them and I never seem to get anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-12-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm an engineer and I curious to why there's a lack of those missions. Was it designed that way? Devs please explain.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Most Engineering assignments are shipboard assignments, and since there is one set of shipboard assignments and as many sector sets of assignments as there are sectors, you don't see them quite as often. In addition, a lot of the Engineering (and Military, Science and Medical) assignments are gated by reaching higher commendation category tiers.

There do need to be some longer ones; we're working on ways to come up with some more to fill that niche.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-13-2011, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Most Engineering assignments are shipboard assignments, and since there is one set of shipboard assignments and as many sector sets of assignments as there are sectors, you don't see them quite as often. In addition, a lot of the Engineering (and Military, Science and Medical) assignments are gated by reaching higher commendation category tiers.

There do need to be some longer ones; we're working on ways to come up with some more to fill that niche.
thanks, they have a lot of potential as the gear you can get from them looks quite decent.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-13-2011, 03:03 AM
Barring the addition of Utopia Planitia or Jupiter Station (hint, hint) perhaps SFA could generate engineering missions. It is a research institution, right?

I get that the "recalibrate warp coil" (or similar assignments) might seem a little off, but on the same note, engineers need to keep their skills fresh somewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-13-2011, 06:50 AM
Bigger engineering missions? Easy peasy. Look at the field of Civil Engineering and add sci-fi tech.

Emergency maintenance of planetary radiation screen. Widespread planetary power grid disruption. Construct a water filtration plant. Set up field hospital and emergency power station following an earthquake (Eng/Med crossover?). Consultations on construction of an antimatter creation facility. Consultation on starship design. Engineering symposium. Engine efficiency symposium.

Plenty o' options out there.

(And yes, I want my engineers to have the top tier engineering titles, dammit.)
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-13-2011, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyouki
Bigger engineering missions? Easy peasy. Look at the field of Civil Engineering and add sci-fi tech.

Emergency maintenance of planetary radiation screen. Widespread planetary power grid disruption. Construct a water filtration plant. Set up field hospital and emergency power station following an earthquake (Eng/Med crossover?). Consultations on construction of an antimatter creation facility. Consultation on starship design. Engineering symposium. Engine efficiency symposium.

Plenty o' options out there.

(And yes, I want my engineers to have the top tier engineering titles, dammit.)
Good suggestion and reference point.