Lt. Commander
# 221
10-13-2011, 08:47 AM
I vote for Accolade based VA ship token as well.
I believe the 500 day accolade spot has been recently vacated.... (runs and hides from VA's below 500 days).
To prevent exploitation 100 or 200 days would indeed be enough...

And while we are on that topic... There still needs to be the Admiral package uniform to be rewarded with all the canon admiral uniforms from TOS, TNG , DS9/VOY and Enterprise.
Lt. Commander
# 222
10-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Except "someone" still ends up paying for it.
No matter how you twist and turn it, there will no longer be any way to obtain endgame ships without "real money" being involved.
But if its not your real money then there is no problem for you. And if the person trading you wants your DL, then its no problem for them either.
Lt. Commander
# 223
10-13-2011, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_Kai
Why the hell would I do that? It's not in spirit of Star Trek at all.
It's not in the spirit of Star Trek for a Star Fleet Captain to ever buy a vessel, ever. A new command (a new ship) is attained through promotion. It's a commission.

I can understand, in the abstraction that is a video game, why you would have us shell out dilithium or cash to buy an -additional- ship, but the rank up, free token should remain, throughout.

Someone needs to take a step back and look at what is being put in place. I understand you want to monetize things, give value to C-Store Points, and provide a sink for dilithium... but I don't think removing the rank up free token is the way to go.

In fact, I'd like you to go the opposite way, rename the Ship Token to make it clear that your character has achieved something great and -earned- a new commission (rename the token Commission Papers, for example.)
Lt. Commander
# 224
10-13-2011, 08:50 AM
PS: I support the addition of a VA token, my point is simply that you dont HAVE to spend your money to get these ships like some people are saying.
Lt. Commander
# 225
10-13-2011, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Except "someone" still ends up paying for it.
No matter how you twist and turn it, there will no longer be any way to obtain endgame ships without "real money" being involved.
Thing is, there are many who would rather pay for it as it means less grind for them.
Lt. Commander
# 226
10-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
Thing is, there are many who would rather pay for it as it means less grind for them.
I am in this exact boat. I dont have a lot of time to play the game to grind the dilithium but I have $45 taken out each week which I can use for STO (or any other game). On Friday, I will be getting the C-store item for Fed side and stock up my C-store balance. Then it will be the Connie refit, Intrepid refit, etc. If I need X amount of dilithium, instead of ginding it I can buy it with extra C-store points that I would spend anyways.

Matt
Lt. Commander
# 227
10-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
Oh absolutely, as is their choice.
But we have a right to our choice to not spend money and grind instead if we so choose.

Quite frankly, i'm not happy but I am tolerant of the new +1 ships.
I am however outraged that they lie to us and take stuff away, devaluing our subscription, and feed us complete BS like "oh there never was any in-game VA ships" which is a blatant and obvious falsehood.
Lt. Commander
# 228
10-13-2011, 09:01 AM
I checked with my team, and the "Danube Runabout" is indeed missing from the matrix on the "in-game" side. We'll get it added today.

The "Enterprise F" ship doesn't exist in a player usable form yet, so it's not on the matrix yet. We have internal versions of all the other newly announced ships, so they're on their way out of the shipyard and onto Tribble in the coming weeks.

The "Delta Flyer" and some other ships that were attainable in game through Emblem grinding have also been C-Store ships the whole time. The game version on Tribble currently has these ships as C-Store only and relies on the bigger picture Dilithium economy (which should show up in the next blog) for acquiring these in-game.

Thanks for the many opinions on the Vice Admiral ship. We'll do some more thinking on this topic.

Stephen D'Angelo
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online
Lt. Commander
# 229
10-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Oh absolutely, as is their choice.
But we have a right to our choice to not spend money and grind instead if we so choose.

Quite frankly, i'm not happy but I am tolerant of the new +1 ships.
I am however outraged that they lie to us and take stuff away, devaluing our subscription, and feed us complete BS like "oh there never was any in-game VA ships" which is a blatant and obvious falsehood.
I agree,

I might even buy some +1 ships but taking away the free VA ship is a mistake
Lt. Commander
# 230
10-13-2011, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdangelo View Post
I checked with my team, and the "Danube Runabout" is indeed missing from the matrix on the "in-game" side. We'll get it added today.

The "Enterprise F" ship doesn't exist in a player usable form yet, so it's not on the matrix yet. We have internal versions of all the other newly announced ships, so they're on their way out of the shipyard and onto Tribble in the coming weeks.

The "Delta Flyer" and some other ships that were attainable in game through Emblem grinding have also been C-Store ships the whole time. The game version on Tribble currently has these ships as C-Store only and relies on the bigger picture Dilithium economy (which should show up in the next blog) for acquiring these in-game.

Thanks for the many opinions on the Vice Admiral ship. We'll do some more thinking on this topic.

Stephen D'Angelo
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online

Thank you.