Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
10-13-2011, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
But as a player, I am not happy with requiring C-Store purchases to get the "real" endgame ships either. I think they need to at least give gold players a dilithium price for these ships as well. This would also give more "value for our money" as well, after all, we're paying for a subscription.
Dude Dilithium is just in game CP, keep that in mind, The idea is that you would grind out dilithium and you would exchange it for CP on the exchange. So while YOU may not pay for your VA ship, someone did.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
10-13-2011, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by digifanatic
Hey gang, don't forget that as gold members we get a c-store stipend each month. Saving it should allow us to get a VA ship. While I don't completely agree with this move, I just haven't seen anyone mention this either. Carry on!
This guy should get an award.

I'm cool with the VA ships being C-Store only. As a gold member, I'm not especially concerned by this. Also, my Holodeck characters that are using the VA only ships already have them.

Further, I'm willing to give Cryptic the benefit of the doubt. If you note, they've already changed the approach to ship purchases on the Tribble server. I think it makes sense for non-subscribers to have a harder time achieving end-game content like the VA ships.

We're here to bang on things until they break and/or until Cryptic makes them work right. Let's not forget it's a mutual goal here.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
10-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentExeider View Post
Dude Dilithium is just in game CP, keep that in mind, The idea is that you would grind out dilithium and you would exchange it for CP on the exchange. So while YOU may not pay for your VA ship, someone did.
What he's saying is make those ships available without trading Dilithium for C-Points; give them a straight Dilithium price and a C-Point price. Let players choose how they want to buy the ship. I agree with that. There's really no way it will come back to bite Cryptic to offer ships both ways because the vast majority of people will choose the non-grindy C-$tore route over the Dilithium mines...I mean...grind. They did it with Emblems and people were still buying from the C-$tore. With Dilithium being so controlled it will be an epic grind just to get a different ship at any other tier, let alone a VA ship by Dilithium alone.

It would also be nice if, when C-$tore sales are ongoing, if the Dilithium price of ships dropped by the same amount.


Z
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
10-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savnoka
The VA ships are not required to play, or to be competitive.
No ships are required to play. You could just as easily make the same argument about the ship tokens at all. I levelled to RA on Tribble in a T2 Nova without batting an eye. But everyone seems pretty happy that Gold subscribers are getting the tokens again, huh?

Additionally, ask KDF players how competitive they think that the VA Defiant is. The other two ships may not contribute a major addition, but that one sure does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savnoka
They've done what they can. To suggest that trying to find a way to monetize this when they are clearly going to have to do it somewhere is "ripping you off" merely shows that you are not being objective.
Why do they need to further monetize VA ships when they're *already* monetized for Gold subscribers at $15/mo? For silvers? Fine.. but your argument about F2P doesn't hold up at all when it comes to Gold subscribers. We're not talking about opening up additional ships to Golds or anything here, just continuing to offer approximately the same level of service that Golds have already received pre-F2P.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
10-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethanatos View Post
Not really, were it manufactured by another player, that might make a difference. Grinding dilithium to sell for CPoints is in no way the same thing. Sure you are grinding the stuff but nobody made it and the fact of the matter is, going to work every day to buy cpoints could also be seen as grinding for ships with that logic.
That doesn't make any sense. With the Dilithium->C-store conversion available you can buy every item in the C-Store (eventually) without paying a single penny to cryptic. Someone else may be paying for those C-Store points at some point, maybe (you can also trade your C-point stipend for Dilithium), but that's not your problem, it's not money out of your pocket.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:40 AM.