Lt. Commander
# 1 Questions re my HUD
02-09-2010, 01:42 PM
I've attempted to tweak my hud using the Hud settings tab within the options menu.
When I apply the settings the only actual change that i'm noticing is the one with the Damage Floaters, when I change it from the default setting On to Off it works, where as when I make any other changes they don't.

Specific Examples

In the 'Other Players' Section i have it on the default setting which is:-

Show Player names - Mouse over, Targeted (Right now its showing them all the time, targeted or not, 'Always' button is unchecked)

Within the 'Enemies' Section I have 'Show Enemy Name - Mouse over, Targeted. (again shows this info all the time, even with the 'always' button unchecked)

Basically, any changes i'm making to the settings aren't working except those to the Damage floaters.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct it? I didnt want to submit as a bug until running past you guys first

cheerie!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Most of these have been broken/bugged since beta, sadly. Damage floaters is new and was recently added to CO as well, where it's hard to keep it on all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2010, 12:10 AM
I've actually noticed now that the changes I've made are working but are for Ground Combat only except for the damage floaters. Which is a real shame. I would love if the devs brought in the option to alternate between ground and space. Like what they've done within the Controls tab.

Ohh well i guess i'm just gonna have to put up with warping into Sol system and being bombarded with a crap load of ship names!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2010, 06:36 AM
Not to mention the lag, being unable to move for a half hour at a time, and taking 30 minutes to an hour to dock or exit to space. Oh sorry, that's just me.

But yea they'll fix it eventually. Hang in there.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2010, 02:53 PM
I really hope they fix this (or add it?); the boxes are really distracting especially in fleet actions or near a starbase.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Rearrange HUD
10-13-2011, 04:55 AM
Hi everyone. I was trying to turn the windows of the HUD like the powers tray but or i can't or i don't now how to do it. I will apreciate any help.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-13-2011, 06:00 AM
Press Escape and it will tell you how to reset it
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-13-2011, 10:08 AM
I've done it. It says press TAB but when i do it nothing happens
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Did you hold the shift button and then press esc? that usually resets it.