Lt. Commander
Not sure if this intentional gameplay or not, but I've seen 2 issues with this "event"

First issue, when scanning a particle, and the combat simulation comes up, ANYONE in the area can kill your opponent, and thus grab your particle for themselves, which has led to groups of people "kill stealing" to get more particles.

Second issue, when you actually find a particle, the "initiate scanning" action can be started by ANYONE standing near the particle. Someone else can simply hit the scan button before you do, and steal your 3 particles.

These issues have provided signifigant griefing fuel, and have made the event rather unenjoyable at times.

This may need to be looked at...
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-12-2011, 11:21 AM
I would have to agree on both counts, it was the only thing i didn't care for about that event, but i haven't tried them in a bit so i may be late on replying to this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Played it last night. Definately getting worse...
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-13-2011, 08:49 AM
I didn't have too many issues with griefing while playing the event last night but I do feel this needs to be corrected as soon as possible.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Yes this is an issue, I won't even play it anymore. You actually get players who wait till you scan so they can swoop in and steal your 3 particles. If you do the fist scan, by the time its complete, it doesn't matter how fast you hit the "F" key, they can steal it. Was actually fun at first, good idea. No fun at all now.

You should set it so if you scan the original particle. Only you can capture the particles, or kill the hologram. Or even better, only you can recieve the reward. If someone else wants to kill your guy for you so you can get the reward, so be it. Same with the scan game. If they want to align it for you, so be it. Some people will probably try to mess other people up on purpose, but I am hopeful it won't last long.

But if it is this bad now, wait till it does go F2P.