Lt. Commander
# 41
10-13-2011, 02:00 PM
I think a VA token could work as a retroactive veteran's award. That way it'd affect all of your characters, and it could be given out after a relatively short veteran's period. But you'd have to wait until you're the appropriate level to actually get the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 42
10-13-2011, 02:06 PM
i made a kdf character a few days ago but probably only gained 1 or 2 levels. is my character going to have his level raised to 25? if not might as well reroll. the thought of running all over the first city again just to get my proper rank is NOT something im looking forward too though.
Lt. Commander
# 43
10-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyEx
I agree. I really do hope the Odyssey is a T6 ship, with appropriate crew/console slots. It will be a letdown if its the same tier as the previous generation cruiser (Sovereign). Even if we can only go to VA5 and just get the ship, that would be enough. Save VA6-10 for big Iconian content.
Thought the plan was to give the ship away as a reward for a proper STF so that anyone who wanted one could get one?
Lt. Commander
# 44
10-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
[*]1New Klingons now start at level 21 instead of 17.
[*]2Fighter pet AI has been updated to be more robust, and to have default behaviors if you happen to launch fighters from a ship that doesn't have carrier commands enabled.

[*]3Any ship that has a special power will have that power adjusted to a console, and that ship will be given an extra console slot to accommodate it.
  • Many ships have been updated, but more are being converted.
  • 3a. These consoles have restrictions on which, if any, ships they can go on.
I have a few questions.

1. So new KDF characters will also start with an appropriate Tier 3 ship, or still get a Tier 2 BoP but also be granted, at start, a ship token to get an appropriate ship?

2. The fighter AI has been fixed? As in all the fighjter will actually attack now instead of trying to ride Mommaship's fat aft? Is that also for the Scorpion Fighters?

3. Science ships ALL have a special power, Subsstem targeting.
3a. Dumb question: Are you making Subsystem targeting a console and giving all the Sci ships an extra console slot?
Lt. Commander
# 45
10-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish1
So I decided when Golds got free ship tokens that I would continue my subscription... now you give them to Silver as well?

Why would I possibly want to continue paying my subscription after F2P?

I want to give you my money every month... please give me a reason!
•Gold members will get a free ship token at every level except for VA.
•Silver members will get a free ship token at every level through Commander, a discount on their ships at Captain and Rear Admiral, and no token at VA.

This is exactly what Sdangelo said.
Lt. Commander
# 46
10-13-2011, 02:15 PM
No Thunderchild in this build?

Damn. I was holding off playing at Commander 1 for 2 days hoping I could get to try it out on Tribble... but it isn't out. T_T
Lt. Commander
# 47
10-13-2011, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
[*]Bridge Officers are now trainable for energy credits and promotable with Officer Skill Points.[/list]
I still cant train BOs
Lt. Commander
# 48
10-13-2011, 02:16 PM
oh and with the whole starting at level 25 things with the klingons, we need to automatically not get stuck in the bop, that forces us to fly only that tier 3 ship, the other tier 3 ships would never get used, unless you bought their c store refit. don't have us start with a ship, give us a token when we start and let us use it to get 1 of the 3.
Lt. Commander
# 49
10-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
just checked the c store, the VA fed ships that this would effect still aren't there. the store in spacedock was not updated to reflect this to console change ether. i am DIEING to know what extra consoles these ships end up getting, can anyone at VA on tribble see these new stats somehow?

i can not stress enough how important it is for the galaxy retrofit to get a 3rd tactical console, i would love to use that as a dps cruiser, but the lack of that tactical console really hampers that. its only fare, the galaxy and it's counterpart the neg var has the same station setup, but the negvar has a 3rd tactical console.

the galaxy should get a 3rd tactical console, the intrepid should get a 3rd engineering console, and the defiant should get a 3rd science console.
Agree 100%. Would also like to see the Galaxy-X get that third tactical console when it comes back.
Lt. Commander
# 50
10-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjik View Post
Thought the plan was to give the ship away as a reward for a proper STF so that anyone who wanted one could get one?
I don't recall a STF ever being mentioned myself (by Cryptic anyway). The previous plan(s) may have completely changed though, and there hasn't been any official mention of it for quite a while that I remember seeing.