Lt. Commander
# 1 New Shuttle Type
10-12-2011, 12:51 AM
I was thinking (not my best attribute) about another shuttle type. This would be a unique shuttle type, something that would fit an Enterprise F and here is what I came up with:

2 Phaser Cannons
2 Universal BOFFs (1 Ensign and 1 LCDR)
3 Consoles (1 each type)
1 Device Slot
Special Console : +10 to engines and only usable on shuttles

It would serve a hybrid role. It could be a standard warp capable shuttle and a fast attack fighter all rolled into one. It would come as part of the Enterprise F unlock in game and could also be purchased from the store.

I invite discussion about this type of shuttle.

Edit: For now I will call the shuttle the Essex Class Shuttle and based on what has been discussed so far it should look like this: (as more people discuss, I will list other changes so that we can have a running view of what they might consist of)

Essex Class Rev. 1

2 Phaser Cannons
2 Universal BOFFs (1 Ensign and 1 Lt.)
3 Consoles (1 each type)
2 Device Slots
Special Console : +10 to engines and only usable on shuttles
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-12-2011, 12:56 AM
I think that putting a Universal LT CMDR slot on a shuttle might be a little overpowered. I'd knock it down to Lieutenant and give the shuttle a second device slot or something instead.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-12-2011, 05:35 AM
Ever since voyager designed thier unique shuttle ever ship has followed e.g enterprise e with its argo. I wouldn't mind this.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-13-2011, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiClari View Post
I think that putting a Universal LT CMDR slot on a shuttle might be a little overpowered. I'd knock it down to Lieutenant and give the shuttle a second device slot or something instead.

Yeah I can see this being a tad OP with the LCDR slot.

I was also thinking that maybe the new quad cannons would be pretty cool on this shuttle as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-13-2011, 09:05 AM
I like this idea a lot. Just bump the LTCMDR slot down to LT and add a device slot and we have ourselves a winner
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-13-2011, 02:34 PM
Updated the shuttle information with what has been discussed up to this point. Will continue to update as time goes on.