Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
10-13-2011, 01:32 PM
You can just rule this - Tournament Organizers can play, but if their team wins, the first place goes to the second team?

Of course, if there is no prize, would it matter?

But either way - if the supposedly best team is not playing, what meaning would the first place have anyway?

What rule restriction wouldn't benefit one group or the other? No rules? No powers at all, all just Type IV shuttles?

I am starting to think that people just don't like to have fun, and hence fundays will not work. Prove me wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
You can just rule this - Tournament Organizers can play, but if their team wins, the first place goes to the second team?

Of course, if there is no prize, would it matter?

But either way - if the supposedly best team is not playing, what meaning would the first place have anyway?

What rule restriction wouldn't benefit one group or the other? No rules? No powers at all, all just Type IV shuttles?

I am starting to think that people just don't like to have fun, and hence fundays will not work. Prove me wrong.
-sighs- it seems that way too :/
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-13-2011, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Kai and Zorena did intentionally not play for the TSI team during the first funday. That wasn't enough.
TE did not play in their fall event. That wasn't enough, people still complained that the rules favoured certain setups.
Yeah, it's sad, but like I said, your never going to make the whole community happy. Do your best and whether or not you guys choose to participate in it, I'm still happy You guys are at least trying to organize something for the thirty of us that are left.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
What the math happened to you guys?

I've not flown with most of you but I've flown against all of you enough to know that all of you can whoop $&@ without abuse of anything. And regardless of the ruleset.

All of you need to take a cold shower, get the sand outa yer cracks and have fun pew pewin' instead of this petty bickering. Talk this through guys, we are right around the corner from spanking f2p nubsauce on a daily basis, Iighten up. If you guys got a ruleset problem I'm totally impartial and would be happy to mediate, we can use my TS. I'll bring virtual tea and crackers for all.

But please.....

Just have fun and kill bad guys.

-horizon
Nice sentiment but... you can't have crackers without cheese and I don't like tea!
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-13-2011, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Nice sentiment but... you can't have crackers without cheese and I don't like tea!
okay then, i was trying to leave the cheese outa this....

mountain dew and oreos for hale then....

but yeah, although i never get the opportunity to team with a lot of the guys that post here (outside of the chance pug), but i do think we just need a strong base ruleset for these tourneys....my fleet loves our little 3v3's and we have our little guidelines.

its all supposed to be fun you know. and i"m fun's main supporter

-horizon
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Yikes, suddenly I hate cheese. :|
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
that isnt the rules thats why. last funday there were a lot of restrictions. this time there isnt. either you make do or you dont play. but i'll be a sad panda :/
Wont be much fun then ,,,

CDG will place a team ,, but I myself will not take part in such spam and cheese fest ,,,

Balance makes fun in comps not full of poop rules or lack of them

Have Fun

C-Kinetic
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Why so serious? ^^ i suggest, tsi and qew dont play, they just record. that would be fun day. Those two should never ever play again Anyhow, throw info if soloers can participate
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Brethren
Wont be much fun then ,,,

CDG will place a team ,, but I myself will not take part in such spam and cheese fest ,,,

Balance makes fun in comps not full of poop rules or lack of them

Have Fun

C-Kinetic
how is it spam and cheese? if your afraid of mines take a fire at will or 2, if your affraid of torp spread or fire at will take some mines. if your afraid of an all science captain team take 5 sci teams.

why is this such a problem?
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-14-2011, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
-sighs- it seems that way too :/
We have a weird of people taking the game not serious enough and too serious at the same time.

It seems some people can't stand losing. But o nthe other hand, people also don't accept that to stop losing, they need experience and training. And that requires a lot more losing before they start winning.

The game is not that serious that you need to worry about manhood or whatever if you lose. But if you really care about winning - you have to die a lot. And that includes 15-0 rolls by TSI or QEW or whoever. The key is not that you personally win or lose, but that it's your team. And that requires a certain "seriousness" in your mindset. The will and desire to play with others.

If you enjoy PuGging, that's fine. If you would like some kind of "PuG" funday, organize one.

But if you want to participate in a premade match, you'll have to deal with fighting Premades that are a lot better than you. And no matter how we change these rules -these people didn't get consistently good just because they found the one true build to rule them all. It's because they understand the game so well that they can find a good build under any ruleset, and, possibly more importantly, have the ability to form and coordinate their team that they can react to other people. They can identify the promising targets, they know when to throw counters or heals, they can adapt their strategy if the enemy adapts his. The only way to get to that level is gaining experience and training as a team. There are no substitutes for hard work.