Lt. Commander
# 11
10-13-2011, 10:11 AM
i was wondering about that. i beat a whole pile of them when i was commander, but since i've made captain I basically arrive on scene as a massive explosion.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-13-2011, 10:23 AM
I think its a bit of a concern that it shows that a low level group cannot handle the event. Sure we boosted to Rear Admiral while in the event but the lack of BO abilities and the poor quality of our gear makes us a liliability. Even with a high level or two, the Borg are still overwhelming.

Some things that I think need to be looked in:
- Too many special abilities for the Borg. Sphere's often have Tractor Beam and Tachyon Beam; please reduce this to one or the other. Cubes are worse, TB, TacB, Boarding Party, Shield Neutralizer, High Yield.
- The Unamatrix is insane with the Torpedo Spread. Even with a full shield facing and brace for impact activated, it usually one shot kills everyone. It also at times gets trigger happy with this one firing two spreads within a few seconds of one another. Tone the spread down.
- Auto Team might be a good idea just like we have in the Mirror Event. It makes communicating allot easier and allows the high levels to easily distribute their 'fleet' power such as Engineering Fleet to the lower levels.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-13-2011, 05:41 PM
I agree, I think that they have too many powers and/or too many powerful powers.
Lower ranks being allowed into the zones is a massive issue, Lt can't dish out enough firepower to take down a Borg Probe and survive, let alone a Unimatrix.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-13-2011, 05:53 PM
I've found that winning depends on how many people actually show up.

Because the game temporarily moves everyone to the same rank, the spread in player level doesn't really matter so much (although lower-ranked captains do have fewer abilities to fight with ...)

So, in my experience, it's a numbers thing -- as the Borg forces tend to be swarm-y.

If you've got five or six starships, and you gang up on targets, you've got a good chance of winning. Less than five starships, and you're going to have trouble.

My experience, anyway,

KOS