Lt. Commander
# 11
10-13-2011, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
Looking forward to trying this and some kind of information on fixing Crafting so we can again make Blue & Purple Quality items at Even Mk's.

If you've indeed made it no longer a grind or pay system then I too and done complaining about the F2P economy.

If "bragging rights" and playing longer to make items "have more value" is more sugar coating for Grind of Pay... And if VA Ship Tokens are not given back for subscribers (vet reward) then my Pitchfork Team will NOT stand down.
Agreed!

Restore the VA ship tokens or pitchforks will continue to fly!
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-13-2011, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Shrvk
But you are in fact locking out content by setting it to a daily, when in fact you could perfectly well keep it as it was but give a choice in the award. The Diithium Ore or a level appropriate item, with the former only being offered once a day.

This is not a good thing for an already, relatively, poor amount of content game.

You take away the option of repeatability and reward for exploration. Sure we can still explore a system, but for what when we are max level? I am honestly not sure what the purpose of having the star clusters now is in game.
In fact, as long as there is a daily refinement cap then there is no reason to limit anything to a daily. Because no matter how much ore you might earn, you still couldnt refine more than the daily amount.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
In fact, as long as there is a daily refinement cap then there is no reason to limit anything to a daily. Because no matter how much ore you might earn, you still couldnt refine more than the daily amount.
Yeah, not sure why they've done both coz it's overkill. Strange how JHeinig doesn't show much to post about any of this since the Dilithium system is his responsibility.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-13-2011, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEPH
The Currency Exchange is an experiment with something a little different from what other games have tried. Our goal is to make it so that you can truly get everything you want without spending any money if you have time to invest. And to make it so that players who have less time can spend money to get what they want.
Be a little different by being exactly like PWI... got it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Quote:
that is very true. Then what things do you think should remain daily? Are you just saying the exploration and PVP's should no longer be daily, or anything that is currently daily should be made not to be?
Lt. Commander
# 16
Quote:
This is a very good point, either cap refinement or make dailies, a combination of both is far too restrictive.
Lt. Commander
# 17
Quote:
That is actually an excellent point.
Lt. Commander
# 18
Good blog post. I'm looking forward to trading my Dilithium for some folks Cstore points.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-13-2011, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSpot
Be a little different by being exactly like PWI... got it.
Indeed. This isn't a new system for PWI games.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-13-2011, 05:47 PM
What you folks are going for with the economy is pretty much what I assumed before this announcement. Because of that, I've been tolerant of the wackiness, and I think you've done a good job so far with the feedback, even though there probably are still wrinkles to iron out. Overall, I think it's a neat idea, and there seem to be a lot of options to earn dilithium, and the gating via refinery is a neat idea to moderate things.

However, I'll reiterate my biggest gripe: There is not that much differences between rarity of items.

So far we've gotten a fairly minor boost in damage based purely on rarity. The [Dam] quality adds what, half a mark to damage? Whoopdie doo. The [Acc] bonus is pretty much a throwaway quality outside of PvP. The [CritH] adds a measly 2% bonus to crit chance. The [CritD] quality is actually somewhat nice as it is, though.

Do something to make the rarity equate the time/money investment it would take to earn the items. The easiest thing to do would be bump up the damage bonus based on rarity. The [Dam] quality could use a beefing to make it worthwhile. Even better, having rarity boost the chances or magnitude of proc effects, even by a little, would be pretty cool.

As it stands, I just feel like you're saying if I come to your house, you'll give me a sandwich. If I do all of your chores and walk your dog every day for a week, you'll throw in a handful of chips.

I don't want a [Win] quality, but it's pretty silly that one dude with the purple Freak Beam Mk X [Acc] [Dam]x2 has almost the same item as the other guy with the green Freak Beam Mk XI [Acc].