Lt. Commander
# 11
10-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Wonder what will happen when the eventual day arrives where money isnt of prime value anymore...
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKRider
This should be interesting.........
Not allowed to speculate further here though, Forum Guidelines do no permit it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-13-2011, 05:59 PM
most of the game changing items are a joke at best ams only effect cannon users, the pdt is just a weaker version of the per-order item with no range limit, the photonic distraction is a joke as well but good if use correctly. the klinks have two but only one so far is the game changer and the most useful than any other "PTW" consuls. So Cry some more on ships that are not op , oh so additional boff slot is op right, "ptw" items are for weak fool who want to win but still suck.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Well, you say pay to win all the time but if you bother to take a look at it, the actual performance difference between a c store ship and a standard run of the mil ship are pretty slim.

Simply put: placing your arse into a c store ship does not make you a winner.

Learning to play the game does.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Don't tell me you never considered this to happen. It will happen, it does happen.

Deal with it. Move along.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracosblood View Post
Lets see they have been sold to another company that embraces PTW and if you notice the main person to make that statement and could see that it was applied, is not working for Cryptic anymore.
They were empty words when he said it anyway.

The new management just isn't bothering with the smoke and mirrors anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-14-2011, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Don't tell me you never considered this to happen. It will happen, it does happen.

Deal with it. Move along.
in life there is always more than one way of dealing with changes that displease you. The default action is not accept whatever happens and just move along. I prefer to protest in the off chance that I may be heard and stem the tide of STO becoming Star Trek : The C-Store. That being said, perhaps you could take your own advice and deal with my words here and...move along?
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-15-2011, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOrion69 View Post
I will likely stay (since I LT Subbed) after F2P, but I suspect the caliber of the players and of forum discussion will drop precipitously. Side Note : Has anyone else noticed that many Posters in these Forums have slowly, in many ways, became the Cryptic Defense Force?
Have you noticed how some of the postive and optimstic voices have turned more snarky and disappointed?
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-15-2011, 08:26 AM
I started out cheerfully optimistic 2 years prior to launch. I became warily skeptical. Then I became openly critical. Now I am somewhat bitterly disappointed. The problem is that returning to cheerful optimism at this point would seem to be naive of me at best. So when I see a post saying, everything will be alright...I can think of little else than the poster being overly optimistic and naive given Cryptic's track record with STO. But other posters are always free to ignore the facts and pretend it is all good, their choice. I just think that is silly.