Lt. Commander
# 11
10-13-2011, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrNightfire
Since they got on their "Grinding is fun" kick I also doubt the devs care. They are changing almost the entire game mid course which never works.
This. I don't know why they think players will actually sell Dilithium. Everyone is going to be so starved for it that no one will ever have enough. Thusly, every single person is going to be grinding their lives away.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-14-2011, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennan View Post
This. I don't know why they think players will actually sell Dilithium. Everyone is going to be so starved for it that no one will ever have enough. Thusly, every single person is going to be grinding their lives away.
What do you need dilithium for at endgame now? They changed it so that BOff training is energy credits.Most ships are C-Store.

Sure, there's gear but I think I'll probably focus on gearing through STFs and DOff system, crafting and mission rewards, which are all faster last I checked. (They did lower dilithium prices too.)

If you want dilithium stuff so bad, I'd much rather have the C-Points at this stage.
Lt. Commander
I'm still a bit baffled by their need to still have three separate economic systems (using three different unrelated currencies) in their game when all other games I know of need only one; or at worse a conversion rating of one to the other like the famous 1000 copper pieces =100 silver pieces = 10 gold pieces = 1 platinum piece of Dungeons & Dragons' old glory days...

Dillithium are supposed to be almost worthless in the game timeframe, at least as a valuable currency, as even canon says that now it can be recrystallised indefinitely while still in use in the articulation frame of starships since a hundred years now...(ref Geordi to Scotty in TNG Relics), It's like someone today using silex to pay something... So, why bother, unless it is to, what, like having the ''mining ore'' dull mechanic of EVE Online?

And only Ferengis and other non-aligned worlds or those dealing with them use gold-pressed latinum (heard of only starting with DS9). If this (canon) monetary element is still wished for in-game, a simple conversion scale of credits (the canon stippend of Starfleet officers since TOS) to those (or any other) would have been simple and quite sufficient.

But it seems like this need for a confusing, useless multiplicity of currencies that is part of this game from day 1 is hard to shake off.

Why make things simple when you can complicate them?

Seems to be Cryptic's philosophy.

Just my two cents... (aaaargh! not another currency!)
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-14-2011, 07:57 AM
Honestly, for all the talk about currencies, I don't know any MMO with fewer than 10 currencies (WoW may be down to around 5 major ones) and many games have hundreds of them if you're counting Latinum here.