Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Lt. Commander
# 71
10-14-2011, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
So the desire here is to have a set of repeatable XP missions per star cluster AND a set of daily dilithium missions per star cluster?

Anything else? Your own moon right next to the one Quark retired on

/jk, I'll bring it up to content and see what they say.
Think about this:

There are people that can play every day. They make the "n" dailies, refine their ore, and go offline after 2 hours. So per week, he might play 14 hours. A
Now take another player. He plays only on week-ends. 2 hours on Friday perhaps, and 6 hours on Saturday and Sunday. He has also played 14 hours. But he gets to do only dailies worth of 6 hours, because it are just 3 days he's playing.

So now he will always be behind the guy logging on every day. Despite investing the same amount of time.

There is a Dilithium refinement cap in place for each character. Why not rely on that? What's the point if you don't give out ore exceeding that cap? You could just keep the Dailies and ditch the refinement process.

Moreover, you're constraining people's choice with Dailies in the first place. Think about the endgame players. They don't need the skill points. They need Dilithium. And now they have to do PvP (even if some might hate it and just sit around at the spawn point, ruining gameplay for others) and exploration missions (which others might hate due to the dull, repetitive nature of them), and the Pi Canis/Eta Eridani/Deferi Dailies (which others might hate due to the dull, repetitive nature of them).

Trust your refinement system. Ditch the dailies and have repeatable, half-hourly missions for all existing repeatables, that earn skill points, energy credits and dilithium.

Heck, even better - change the refinement limit from a daily to weekly allotment. Give people freedom how, where and when they get their ore.
Lt. Commander
# 72
10-14-2011, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Think about this:

There are people that can play every day. They make the "n" dailies, refine their ore, and go offline after 2 hours. So per week, he might play 14 hours. A
Now take another player. He plays only on week-ends. 2 hours on Friday perhaps, and 6 hours on Saturday and Sunday. He has also played 14 hours. But he gets to do only dailies worth of 6 hours, because it are just 3 days he's playing.

So now he will always be behind the guy logging on every day. Despite investing the same amount of time.

There is a Dilithium refinement cap in place for each character. Why not rely on that? What's the point if you don't give out ore exceeding that cap? You could just keep the Dailies and ditch the refinement process.

Moreover, you're constraining people's choice with Dailies in the first place. Think about the endgame players. They don't need the skill points. They need Dilithium. And now they have to do PvP (even if some might hate it and just sit around at the spawn point, ruining gameplay for others) and exploration missions (which others might hate due to the dull, repetitive nature of them), and the Pi Canis/Eta Eridani/Deferi Dailies (which others might hate due to the dull, repetitive nature of them).

Trust your refinement system. Ditch the dailies and have repeatable, half-hourly missions for all existing repeatables, that earn skill points, energy credits and dilithium.

Heck, even better - change the refinement limit from a daily to weekly allotment. Give people freedom how, where and when they get their ore.
Well written, I agree with this.
Lt. Commander
# 73
10-14-2011, 12:52 AM
Quote:
We're aware that purchasing a C-Store ship does not satisfy the promotion mission. It's something we'll clean up, but it will be a little while.
Good to know, thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 74
10-14-2011, 01:08 AM
Quote:
So the desire here is to have a set of repeatable XP missions per star cluster AND a set of daily dilithium missions per star cluster?

Anything else? Your own moon right next to the one Quark retired on
Well, it wouldn't have to be a moon. I'd settle for a small luxury cruiser, master bedroom would have to be a large holosuite (goes without saying). Oh, and it should be crewed by nubile, young...

Quote:
/jk,
Awwww...

Quote:
I'll bring it up to content and see what they say.
I think a possible solution would be for the daily dilithium mission to reward 1440 refined dilithium (not ore) and then each of the star clusters could have its own daily that rewards 480 or 240 dilithium ore. That way there's a reason for people to go out to these places and spend an hour or two doing missions. It'll also get more people to use the more remote clusters like the Eridan Belt. Even on Holodeck I avoid that cluster because of how far away it is from any starbase.
Lt. Commander
# 75
10-14-2011, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Shrvk
Think endgame Salami. Here is what people USED to do Exploration clusters for
  • Break up the monotony of scanning anomalies and take the 3/mission as they went.
  • Complete the three missions and turn those marks around for gear to use, recycle, or sell to make bank.
  • An alterntive method of leveling, just to see diferent random maps.
  • Run the missions for the Accolades (75 needed if I am not mistaken).
Not to mention that the current Holodeck build of the Star Cluster explore missions give some reward of badges; which although they have limited use (or no use after you've exceeded their initial level band), is still a reward of currency... the type of currency that I am to understand is supposed to be converted at some rate to dilithium. I'm not saying that the star cluster half-hourlies should give the same amount as the daily, but they should give some sort of currency amount.
Lt. Commander
# 76
10-14-2011, 02:17 AM
Quote:
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.16.20111010b.4

General:[list][*]The Defiant Retrofit and Galaxy X are now in the C-Store.
A clarification question about the Galaxy X, from just comparing the C-Store descriptions between Tribble and Holodeck I don't see any stat changes at all. Just confirming this ship hasn't been retuned yet; or is it not being updated at all?
Lt. Commander
# 77
10-14-2011, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Give people freedom how, where and when they get their ore.
100% this.

Lots of low-cooldown repeatables that reward dilithium ore (in small quantites if you so wish) and then people can do as much or as little of any particular activity as they desire and refine within the constraints of cryptics oh-so delicate economy.

Bravo sir, eloquently put.
Lt. Commander
# 78
10-14-2011, 05:04 AM
Quote:
[*]Exploration tours (Explore 3 Delta Volanis systems, etc.) are no longer daily missions.
  • They can be repeated once every half hour for skill points.
  • A new daily mission allows you to gain dilithium once per day for completing an exploration tour.
    • Starfleet officers can acquire this mission from Lieutenant Grall
    • KDF officers acquire the mission from Lieutenant Atonone.
    • Completing any exploration tour will finish this mission and reward a stipend of dilithium.
No... No, no, no, no, NO!

Guys... what the hell? Why are you capping the amount of ore that can be earned in a day? Can we please stop this... You have a refinement cap in place to stop stupid amounts of Refined Diltihium from flooding the market. There's no reason to cap Ore earnings like this.

IMO every explore cluster mission (and pvp match) should give a small amount of ore (around 240 say) so people can build up stocks, encourage them to log in on days they normally wouldn't, even if it's only for 10-15 minutes so they can refine it (and play with their Doffs).

You really need to allow people to earn Dilithium their own way, through a playstyle/content they enjoy rather than forcing them in to playstyles they don't.

Basically

Quote:
Think about this:

In my own words. Great post Arch Chancellor.
Lt. Commander
# 79
10-14-2011, 05:23 AM
Quote:
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.16.20111010b.4

General:
  • The Defiant Retrofit and Galaxy X are now in the C-Store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk_Mike
A clarification question about the Galaxy X, from just comparing the C-Store descriptions between Tribble and Holodeck I don't see any stat changes at all. Just confirming this ship hasn't been retuned yet; or is it not being updated at all?
So, has anyone been to the shipyard at ESD and seen if the powers on the Galaxy-X have been changed to consoles, like the Intrepid and Galaxy Refit??? I won't be home from work for about another good 8 hours, and the suspense is killing me!

The ship vendor at ESD seems to have the updated console information...they haven't really updated the C-store text. That's how I broke the news about the Galaxy Refit's science console slot yesterday. Anyone want to return the favor?
Lt. Commander
Very good news, especially about using ecreds for changing Boffs, that one hurt the most IMO, love where this is going now!