Lt. Commander
# 11
10-06-2011, 09:38 AM
I just wondered around until I found it, inside by the counter. It is pretty vague, I agree with OP.

BUT, that brings up the veryyyy old question of...there is NO written game directions for STO as of yet...there is "Wiki STO" but really nothing in print or on a "Official" website to tell you how to play this game in detail... Its a Zone ask, "Help em please" game...

I have looked for a STO book written by others at the book store, but nobdy has written one yet...This is a very frustrating game for new players and we are going to be pounded by the where do I find this, where do I get a that, and where the H#@@ is Quarks....by 1000's of new F2P players...

We could just be jerks and say...look it up...HOWEVER...there is NO WHERE to look it up...thats Official Cryptic/STO information...

Yes I know about the "basic" directions menu on the STO homepage....that fills about half a page on the Wiki STO homepage...pfffft

Soooo in closing....as usual, we will have to depend on hard core players that have endured many frustrating hours doing missions over and over again, to create websites that give us second hand, albiet very accurate info, all done on their RL time, so that the many, may have an enjoyable gaming experience.

I would just like to say...Thank You...to those individuals that have done what Cryptic should have done already.

I hope I am wrong and somebody will correct me....this thread sorta of opened up a old wound for me...sorry for the rant.

...rant off...
Lt. Commander
# 12 Turn your tricorders on!
10-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Was I bugged I didn't know where to go at first? Yes. But your tricorder usually tells you where the next active item is, including the data chips and memorial plaques at SFA.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Is there an actual item that you guys are interacting with? There's a tiny diamond shape on my Academy map that's listed as some kind of computer and when I stand near it, I get the option to continue the History 101 mission, but I see nothing*. The computer for 102 shows up just fine, but I'm interacting with empty air for the other one.
If you're stumped, searching on Memory Alpha and/or STO Wiki can help.

* I didn't type that with a German accent because I wanted it to be legible, but I can't read, write, or say that phrase without thinking of Sergeant Schultz.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-06-2011, 10:54 PM
There is "Star Trek Online: The Needs of the Many"

By A. A. Martin and Jake Sisko...
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-07-2011, 02:50 PM
not to be a smart .... but have ya'll heard of google, it seems to have answers for everything including lore questions if you look a little
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-14-2011, 01:09 AM
The data chip thing is most confusing. You take it, and then.... ?

I click "use" and it's gone, and I have no clue what it was supposed to have done. Why do we want data chips? If they provide knowledge, just how does one access it?

I figured I could do the lore mission if I when to this web site. I just wanted to see if the game itself gave a clue about them. It does not. Starfleet Academy is a waste to me.

And what are all those irritating orbs about anyway???