Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
10-14-2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMax View Post
I'll put 3 on my Defiant, hopefully we can equip as many as we want.

Also I put that new Point Defense Turret on my Defiant, I'll equip the new Saber's Impulse Burst when I get that.
will the sao paolo be a c-store item if it is we can only hope it comes with more then one quad cannon, because we cant buy more then one of the same item off the c-store
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
10-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight_98 View Post
will the sao paolo be a c-store item if it is we can only hope it comes with more then one quad cannon, because we cant buy more then one of the same item off the c-store
Correct. But you can claim and item as many times as long as you don't have it in your character's inventory. Claim Sao Paulo Class, take Cannon off ship, dismiss ship, and repeat. And that asumes the cannon isn't Unique.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
10-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
Correct. But you can claim and item as many times as long as you don't have it in your character's inventory. Claim Sao Paulo Class, take Cannon off ship, dismiss ship, and repeat. And that asumes the cannon isn't Unique.
This is enough to make me switch back to my Gal-X (if you can put it on it), just the though of firing four of these and bringing my ship to a complete halt is fantastic!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
10-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Unfortunately for us, they will be predefined thus Phaser type weapons with predefined *sniff sniff* [mod]ifiers.

I like how every other ship in the game gets fancy consoles and the Defiant Sao Paulo gets some stupid predefined Quad weapons with the worst of modifiers.

I would at least thought we would get a Quad Console Upgrade or something so we can use it with our Current weaponary + [mod]s.

I guess that was too non-canon for Cryptic. Like using Polarons or Disruptors on a Fed ship is so very canon.


*Sigh*
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
10-16-2011, 04:06 PM
I may be crazy, but I like the -10 engine power, all to often I am to busy getting all my skill to work and than I overshoot the target, don't really need the speed it gives me just the turn rate, which I do not need when I am firing as I am on target already.

So for me I do not see the issue

and I love the [dmg] mod it is so underrated by people for all the wrong reasons, I been using weapons with at least 2x[dmg] mod for months much better dps overall than my crit and co stats.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
10-17-2011, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMax View Post
I'll put 3 on my Defiant, hopefully we can equip as many as we want.

Also I put that new Point Defense Turret on my Defiant, I'll equip the new Saber's Impulse Burst when I get that.
Sounds like your ship will e a wizard with lots of versatility, but probably completely underpowered in endurance and overall energy capabilities thanks to not having room for any base stat consoles anymore.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
10-17-2011, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
Sounds like your ship will e a wizard with lots of versatility, but probably completely underpowered in endurance and overall energy capabilities thanks to not having room for any base stat consoles anymore.
I dont know, if might work with batteries. Plus who needs aux on a Fed Escort anyways???
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
10-18-2011, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
I dont know, if might work with batteries. Plus who needs aux on a Fed Escort anyways???
Ultimately only testing the build will answer that. You might pull off a good build there if you put points into the right skills. And it will probably be stronger in a team (as always) to exploit the abilities to a maximum.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
10-18-2011, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer View Post
This is enough to make me switch back to my Gal-X (if you can put it on it), just the though of firing four of these and bringing my ship to a complete halt is fantastic!!!
In another thread in this section when someone wanted a vid of the Quads in action, I linked to STOked video with it featured in, and when the Quad Cannon icon was hovered over the tooltip said "Dreadnought Cruiser, Escort, Lt Cruiser" Subject to change of course.

I can't help but wonder how much fun these would make a Miranda
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
10-18-2011, 10:29 AM
I have a tact toon I am leveling and plan to stick with antiprotons. The quad cannons may be higher damage but offer a few negatives for me. One is that they are Phasers and my enemy now is able to equip resistance armor and shields against me. The other is that the reduction in engine power lowers my defense and enables my enemy to hit me more often. I hope this opens a new perspective to weapon choices and using those respec tokens

VA. JDenn
USS Yosemite Sam
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:40 AM.