Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
10-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
I'll check with my buddy who runs something similar to that. She had to reinstall though but wasn't entirely sure what had caused her similar issue. That card meets the very low end of the requirements for this game. It's Friday though so I more than likely won't be able to catch her until late tonight. Until then, you might want to try putting everyone on its absolutely lowest setting, restarting the game, and seeing if the issue continues. If it does, thent eh reinstall might be something to look at. If the issue goes away, then try uping the odd setting, applying it, and restarting the game if necessary for it to take in order to figure out what your GPU can handle.
I've been playing on the lowest settings since launch, and never had a problem until now.

That's partially why I thibnk it might have something to do with my ISP, I've switched from AT&T DSL to Mediacom Cable internet.

I've also switched from a 20 inch monitor to a 44 inch HDTV, but again, I'm not having any problems with anything else.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Are the resolutions different fromt he 20" to your HDTV? An increase in resolution might be something to look at. If STO is starved for bandwidth, you'll just disconnect. If you think it might be an internet issue, try selecting the US proxy from the launcher options. You might want to check the specs of your HDTV also as some don't necessarily make great monitors. HDMI compliance with your port and/or cable might be contributing to the cause also. Gotta love variables.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-14-2011, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
Are the resolutions different fromt he 20" to your HDTV? An increase in resolution might be something to look at. If STO is starved for bandwidth, you'll just disconnect. If you think it might be an internet issue, try selecting the US proxy from the launcher options. You might want to check the specs of your HDTV also as some don't necessarily make great monitors. HDMI compliance with your port and/or cable might be contributing to the cause also. Gotta love variables.
Ok, as an experiment, I hauled out my old monitor and hooked it up. The problem is not the TV.

I've tried every aspect ratio, display mode, full-screen resolution and refresh rate. I've put in a bug report.

I'm going to go ahead and file a ticket, it's my last resort.

I do appreciate all the well-intentioned advice and efforts, thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Anytime Katic!
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-14-2011, 03:59 PM
The strangest darn thing..

I decided to try fiddling with my settings one last time, and on minimum settings plus 2X Antialiasing, everything works.

It's the weirdest darn thing..
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-14-2011, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
The strangest darn thing..

I decided to try fiddling with my settings one last time, and on minimum settings plus 2X Antialiasing, everything works.

It's the weirdest darn thing..
Sounds like Cryptic broke something to do with turning AA off and no one has really noticed. Glad it's working you.