Lt. Commander
https://picasaweb.google.com/itgrowl...eat=directlink

This link is to the library of screenshots of the images i'm getting with the most recent patch, The first time i loaded tribble i noticed that EVERY spacial anomoly and every star cluster both in the background and in sector space were all 16bit. I have gone over my system with a fine tooth comb uninstalled my drivers and reinstalled them for my gcard. My system does NOT display this way on the holodeck. It did when the game was in it's infancy in the original beta but i wasn't getting these strange anomolies like i am today. There's a planet or something that's clearly visible in the Tazi system patrol in the last picture that is a fractile object but since it's so completely distorted i couldn't tell you what it might be, It's really big and close to the station there.

Like i said, Live does not do this. Every patch that you put out thats supposed to move the new game forward seems to move the graphics backwards. What in the world are your programmers doing over there???
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-12-2011, 12:28 AM
I also got some pretty abrupt graphic errors when logging in this afternoon.

I was greeted by Corrupted textures, some elements didn't even load (my captain was just floating hair teeth and eyes, but I couldn't save a screenshot of this).

Link --->screenshot of currupted textures<--- Link

Along with this, the performance for the Tribble server on my computer is very bad. The settings I use on the Live server should give the same performance on Tribble, but it doesn't, the FPS is in the low 10s, textures look washed out, ect.

Computer Specs:

ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X4 B55 Quad Core Processor @ 3.3GHz (Socket AM3)
8GB of Ram (4x 2gb DDR3 Kingston)
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Gigabyte ATi Radeon HD4650 PRO 512mb
(Shares motherboard Integrated Video Memory through Crossfire-X for a total of 1GB Video Memory)
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Got major issues here, no missing textures, but seriously low FPS, and near unresponsiveness on ground maps, everything is updated on my computer. Even running on lowest settings did not fix issues and in generally aggravated me into not playing. Holodeck runs AWESOME, if this is the "norm" of F2p I was already skeptical and this is pushing me to rooting against it I hear TOR calling me name even louder now. Currently running an HP pavillion dv7 core I5 2.67 gig processor with 4 gig DDR3 Ram and an ATI Radeon HD 6750 card with 512mb of DDR3 runs high settings with no issue on Live, and Redshirt, lags to high heaven on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-14-2011, 12:39 PM
You should systematically go through each GFX setting via ESC > Options > Video settings... Reduce every setting to the lowest value and then start to increase the settings individually, one after another.

By doing this (if you have the patience), you may find one of the settings that is causing these particular issues.

A couple of patches ago on Holodeck my client was crashing every time I would enter into an active ground combat scenario. By going through the slow but accurate method mentioned above, I narrowed down the potential root problem sources and discovered that it was the 'Visual fx quality' setting being set to anything above 'Low' that caused the crashing.

That was Holodeck, just an example of how you can help Cryptic figure it what's causing the problem more quickly, so they can get a fix in sooner rather than later.

I've been on Tribble a lot recently and haven't had any graphical issues, but it's obvious to me why that is. I've had to reduce my GFX settings down to the minimum values just to be able to play on Tribble. I would normally play at 'High' GFX settings but something on Tribble has caused the fps to drop dramatically.