# 51
10-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
... and if you feel like PvE is no challenge anymore:
1) Don't slot two EPtS anymore
or
2) Become a regular PvPer
I did try Elite mode in a couple Cluster (same level) and Patrol space missions (-2 I think) with this new keybind and at this time that was plenty challenging. I regularlly had to use my TSS in addition to the two EP2S.

I hate to sound meely but, I'll be honest, most times I kinda like being NighGodly. I get home from work, I just want to gibb pixels. Just go through Rambo-style, face-rolling the keyboard, and blow stuff up, ya knowwhatimean? When I'm in the mood for "challenging" play, I'm glad to know I can now play Elite with still enough "ease" to keep it from being frustrating.

PvP? I've done it in the past (a lot back that first summer of '10), and I go through phases where I like it or not. The fleet I belong to has a dozen or so PvPers. For the most part I get the game and know the numbers and how things should work better than the majority of other STO players, so they often want me to play. I just get annoyed by certain imbalances in PvP where "everyone" does the LOL of the Week and while I gots the knowledge, my skillz in the heat of battle aren't as tuned. Which would surely improve if I practiced more... Maybe I'll get into it again some day. I'll admit there can be a greater sense of reward at times.
Lt. Commander
# 52
10-06-2011, 11:39 AM
This post needs to be stickied for trolling PvErs who are doing it wrong.

Raptor Jesus stamp of approval applied. *STAMP*
Lt. Commander
# 53
10-14-2011, 07:10 AM
Dumb questions! (cause I'm a keybinding noob)

Whats the command for firing only energy weapons? I don't like FireAll because I use torps and prefer to control when they go off.

And does the shield regen console improve shield healing abilities or just natural regen and if it does, is it more effective than a shield power console?

Finally and a ways off topic... EPS consoles, are they only good for changing power settings fast or do they help maintaining weapon power under normal fire? I've been trying to find a definative answer for nearly 2 years so if theres a thread tucked away somewhere that proves it one way or the other, please show me.
Lt. Commander
# 54
10-14-2011, 09:17 AM
EPS consoles allow any weapons, shields, engines, or aux power to reach it's max power faster.

It means that your weapons will recover full power level faster after firing (presumably so that they are at max power level for the next cycle)

There is effectively no benefit to additional eps consoles if you're already maxing out your weapon power level between weapon cycles.
Lt. Commander
# 55
10-14-2011, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Collier

Whats the command for firing only energy weapons? I don't like FireAll because I use torps and prefer to control when they go off.

And does the shield regen console improve shield healing abilities or just natural regen and if it does, is it more effective than a shield power console?

Finally and a ways off topic... EPS consoles, are they only good for changing power settings fast or do they help maintaining weapon power under normal fire? I've been trying to find a definative answer for nearly 2 years so if theres a thread tucked away somewhere that proves it one way or the other, please show me.
I believe GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers fires only energy weapons (regardless if they are actually phasers, disruptors, etc.).

I do not believe the regen console affect healing abilities. Read through this thread, there's a post or two that describes exactly what they do and how they compare to the power console.

As far as I know Nagorak is one of the premier players when it comes to weapon DPS. He's got a couple of posts:

Weapon Power
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=162618

DPS Calc
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=195929

I haven't read them in a while and I know there have been conflicting posts/info on EPS consoles, but my understanding is that when the game first launched they did help with restoring weapon power, but later was patched to not be needed for that. However, some people have reported that it's bugged and EPS consoles still help DPS.

I think I remember reading a post that basically said there may be some truth to it that EPS may still erroneously (bug) help DPS, but it's negligble and not worth the console only for that. If you are often changing power settings and/or using Beam Overload a lot, then it might be worth it, otherwise not so much.

For what it's worth, I personally I don't much use EPS Consoles anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 56
10-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Collier

As far as the shield power/regen console goes, it depends on what shields you're using/what your power levels are. For example, if you're running Covariants, you'll want a shield power; their regen is so low that a +% isn't going to do much. However, giving them more shield power boosts their natural resistance so their high capacity is extended even further. On the flip side, boosting regen on Regen shields is quite potent; Borg shields can get up 1234 regen per facing/6 sec at 125 power and 1 regen console. Combined with constant shield distribution, you can refill your shields very quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 57
10-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
I believe GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers fires only energy weapons (regardless if they are actually phasers, disruptors, etc.).

I do not believe the regen console affect healing abilities. Read through this thread, there's a post or two that describes exactly what they do and how they compare to the power console.

As far as I know Nagorak is one of the premier players when it comes to weapon DPS. He's got a couple of posts:

Weapon Power
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=162618

DPS Calc
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=195929

I haven't read them in a while and I know there have been conflicting posts/info on EPS consoles, but my understanding is that when the game first launched they did help with restoring weapon power, but later was patched to not be needed for that. However, some people have reported that it's bugged and EPS consoles still help DPS.

I think I remember reading a post that basically said there may be some truth to it that EPS may still erroneously (bug) help DPS, but it's negligble and not worth the console only for that. If you are often changing power settings and/or using Beam Overload a lot, then it might be worth it, otherwise not so much.

For what it's worth, I personally I don't much use EPS Consoles anymore.
Ta muchly.

Nagorak's work is brilliant, I used that to come up with my current setup, I'm sorta at the stage of fine tuning every little aspect of my build to squeze all the performance I can out of it.

And that's exactly the same reason I was confused about EPS consoles, I'll probably not bother with them.