Lt. Commander
# 21
10-16-2011, 04:56 AM
Here is my feedback on the new episode path. Good idea, bad implementation. On tribble I am RA4 and on the 2nd mission of the romulan arc. Yes, our XP is accelerated but even at 300% XP boost over live I would have unlocked the romulan stories 5 levels before now (and I've skipped every patrol mission). It isn't fun to be put on such a restrictive rail. This is a prime example of story devaluing gameplay. The best solution would be to keep the ui (very sleek and beautiful ) but allow us to choose missions in our level band. As it is, I would be able to craft the aegis set long before I'd be eligible to rub the breen missions. And I love the breen missions . Also why are the devidians in the Klingon arc? We. See them twice. The first 5 minutes of skirmish and then with night of the comet. Just because douchebag b'vat is in it doesn't mean it ties in with the rest of the Klingon arc. Although having it there does give us the ability to actually get some gear since EC and dilithium aren't exactly falling from the sky in the new economy.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-16-2011, 05:46 AM
- Make the Devidians seperatly or add them after "Past Imperfect". It's not good that they been "pressed" into the Klingon story arc.
- I miss a tab for the Diplomatic & Patrol Missions.

-> Sorry my english, it's not my motherlanguage. I hope you understand what i mean.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-16-2011, 06:19 AM
I'd like to know how future Feature Episode series will now work. Will they be launched 1 episode a week and if so how will they be intergrated in to this fixed and linear progression system? If you force people to play this way people can end up doing what we have on holodeck now.

Eg. missions 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Player gets up to mission 5 then a FE comes a along and starts between 3 and 4 (3.5). The player is now beyond the mission. Does this then mean he can't advance until he goes back and does the FE? Those like myself who are at endgame anyway will have to go back and do those missions anyway so it seems to defeat the object of making it linear. Perhaps have the story arcs bunched together (so you can do part2 of an arc without doing part1 like the FE are).
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-16-2011, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Silverwings View Post
I'd like to know how future Feature Episode series will now work. Will they be launched 1 episode a week and if so how will they be intergrated in to this fixed and linear progression system? If you force people to play this way people can end up doing what we have on holodeck now.

Eg. missions 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Player gets up to mission 5 then a FE comes a along and starts between 3 and 4 (3.5). The player is now beyond the mission. Does this then mean he can't advance until he goes back and does the FE? Those like myself who are at endgame anyway will have to go back and do those missions anyway so it seems to defeat the object of making it linear. Perhaps have the story arcs bunched together (so you can do part2 of an arc without doing part1 like the FE are).
More importantly is about the limited access reward at the end of the season. If previous episodes have to be played in order before getting to the new one, then how can a new player be eligible to play a new season and get the season ending reward liike everyone else. I suspect that the first-run of the season will be open to everyone, and then it will be placed in the stack for play at a specific level. It would be better to just keep the epsiodes separate from the rest of the game. I have not seen many missions that closely tie into the season episodes. The seasons are the one thng that make many player stay around, so make more and don't mess with the access to them.