Lt. Commander
# 11
10-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by innocuous9
I'm not trying to flame or troll here, but...

What are you people doing to break this game? I've been playing since it launced and what bugs I have encountered are few and far between. Like, months between. I've leveled many alts and so-forth so it's not like I just got lucky on my first play-through or anything.

So, what gives here?
Of the 13 people I know (including myself) who just started playing, 8 had issues with the training level. 13 of us have had people fall through the environment. I didn't ask how many people have the same officer show up more than once simultaneously in their bridge, but several forum posts related to the problem suggest that it's not me.

Of the 13 systems used, they range from state of the art to old and crappy, Intel to AMD, nVidia to ATI.

And then there's the 82 page post on critical gamestoppers...

The game is a mess. Cryptic owes it to its overly-loyal player base to fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-16-2011, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehnd
I am new to the game and a huge Star Trek TV & movie fan. I have tried every major MMO out there but have avoided STO in the past because I heard it was buggy. Considering the time that has passed since the release and the fact that the Free To Play is likely to breathe new life into STO, I decided to check it out.

As an avid MMO player, I have been unpleasantly surprised and disappointed in the fit and finish of the game. I had to restart the game several times just to get out of the buggy training level and find that seems to be a normal course of action when questing later as well. Between unfinishable quest objectives, NPCs falling through maps and what appears to be several clones of my officers on my bridge (this isn't EVE online, right?), this game is quite frankly an embarrassment to the name of Star Trek.

Understand - I'm not a troll. I'm not threatening to /ragequit and I'm not trying to stir up crap. I am hoping to provide feedback so that you don't lose all the free to players a day into trying the game. I play daily. I play with my friends (12 of which I brought with me), and I tend to commit to a single game. Basically, I'm pretty much the bullseye in any MMO's target demographic. And I don't plan on sticking around if the F2P patch doesn't bring the game out of the buggy beta state it's in now. The day Rift was released to beta, it was already more solid than STO is now. By a lot.

Cryptic, F2P is going to give you a second chance. Take the time you need to fix things. Pay attention to the 82 page critical showstopper bug forum. I think there is a portion of players that will give you some latitude because of their love of Star Trek. But there's a limit. Please... PLEASE... Fix the game. There's too many AAA MMOs on the horizon - give us a reason to stay with yours.
Welcome to Star Trek Online - Alpha/BETA <shrug>
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-16-2011, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
Content? Nah.
Dude, F2P has a crapload of content.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-16-2011, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Of the 13 people I know (including myself) who just started playing, 8 had issues with the training level. 13 of us have had people fall through the environment. I didn't ask how many people have the same officer show up more than once simultaneously in their bridge, but several forum posts related to the problem suggest that it's not me.

Of the 13 systems used, they range from state of the art to old and crappy, Intel to AMD, nVidia to ATI.

And then there's the 82 page post on critical gamestoppers...

The game is a mess. Cryptic owes it to its overly-loyal player base to fix it.
I 100% agree with you on this. Whats the point of adding major addictions if the game is bugged before you get to the addictions? Feel free to look through my previous posts on the subject. It is a mess.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
What? The doff system, yes. I haven't seen anything else yet though.
I have seen one new zone but that isn't content.
Have I missed something?
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Can't say I've had most of the bugs the OP has stated and I've levelled half a dozen toons to cap.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

I'm trying to get the community a better game by asking nicely. But have fun attacking me as that seems a much better use of your time as opposed to providing meaningful feedback.
No one attacked you. 2 people suggested you you use paragraphs(1 did it indirectly with a link, and then another did it directly by stating it). However, implying someone is a troll IS a personal attack, and we have been told to report anyone who calls anyone else that term:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormshade
If anyone else ever calls someone a troll, that's flaming, and if it's reported, should be dealt with appropriately.

In other words, if anyone other than me ever accuses someone of trolling on these forums, please report them.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...00&postcount=4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
The only content F2P has that we dont already have now is the Doff system and SOME OF(not all) the new daily missions. Everything else is what is already on live.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-16-2011, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekbaby9000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwardo_Cullen
No one attacked you. 2 people suggested you you use paragraphs(1 did it indirectly with a link, and then another did it directly by stating it). <snip>
If I understand you correctly there, you are saying Edwardo_Cullen and trekbaby9000 are both you. Huh.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-16-2011, 01:57 PM
I just started playing again since the beta and loving it, can't stop playing!

The only problem is that they still haven't fixed Starbase 12 after two years but everything else is dandy. They've really improved the game and its actually fun to play now, well done Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-16-2011, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
If I understand you correctly there, you are saying Edwardo_Cullen and trekbaby9000 are both you. Huh.
I'm guessing you misread "1"(the number) for "I"(the letter).