Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
10-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by optyk View Post
Use the UI Scale slider and hit F12. You can replicate that UI fairly easy...

IMO, it looks a little stretched out and all over the place. Especially on a huge screen like that, I prefer the controls in one spot for easy quick access. Otherwise its back to "more spacebar!" lol
Its more about how it looks and about how things are shaped in this case, you should still be able to move stuff around/scale it to fit your needs. Its about the feel and imagery in this case IMO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
10-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
Its more about how it looks and about how things are shaped in this case, you should still be able to move stuff around/scale it to fit your needs. Its about the feel and imagery in this case IMO.
and function as the action bars right now are god damn awful with the change to the BO tray I always did well with the long row BO tray and 2 bars above, nice spot for everything I needed, but with the change I couldn't get it right so now I use the 3 bars not to bad, but I miss my BO and the feeling of giving them the order instead of casting an other spell
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
10-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandras
and function as the action bars right now are god damn awful with the change to the BO tray I always did well with the long row BO tray and 2 bars above, nice spot for everything I needed, but with the change I couldn't get it right so now I use the 3 bars not to bad, but I miss my BO and the feeling of giving them the order instead of casting an other spell
Yeah, right now I got an ugly blue box with like 30 skills in it...its kind of disorienting to look at.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
10-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
Yeah, right now I got an ugly blue box with like 30 skills in it...its kind of disorienting to look at.
jep very much so, I specially order my skills so I roughly know that on the top row I got damage skills, middle row shield defence, bottom row, hull defence, that all on the left, to the right I got longer cooldown skills/captain abilities/consoles stuff, top damage, middle defence, low extra power stuff.

still miss click or hit the wrong key quite often (moving from 1 character to an other whole new set, whole new layout, can't remember them all at once and load the correct memory in my brain..............)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
10-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandras
and proper old school LCARS, not this awful blue stuff, I still run the mod to change the console panels and all because the blue hurts my eyes. (any colours hurts the eyes when used to much)
I second, third and fourth this. Good ol' TNG LCARS would make me a happy bunny.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
10-16-2011, 04:46 PM
That's an ugly UI---it feels more like a Saturday morning cartoon than Trek,
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
10-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
That's an ugly UI---it feels more like a Saturday morning cartoon than Trek,
And our current UI looks like it's out of a Superhero game.....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
10-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
That's an ugly UI---it feels more like a Saturday morning cartoon than Trek,
http://img.trekmovie.com/images/sto/sto_012610_05.jpg

And that doesnt? It looks overwhelming, all the light blue lines and edges, its so boxy.

http://common.allakhazam.com/images/...864b4f0e96.jpg

Regardless, I find it superior to the current STO UI. The current STO UI lacks character.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
10-16-2011, 05:00 PM
The Ui defiantly needs more colour to it that is for sure. Design wise hopefully late tng/nemesis design.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
10-16-2011, 05:07 PM
In the future you'll be able to buy different UI sets for 900 C-Points a piece.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:06 AM.