Lt. Commander
# 151
08-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Quote:
What's happening is that the splash screen comes up, and then just hangs there. It doesn't seem to do anything, and the proceeds to just sit in memory, using not (noticeable) amount of processing power.
Same here. New install on Win7 x64. Just saw and downloaded the program today. Install went normally, no errors or popups about whether the program installed correctly that you sometimes get.
'
But starting the program just hangs forever on the splash screen.
Lt. Commander
# 152
08-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stele View Post
Same here. New install on Win7 x64. Just saw and downloaded the program today. Install went normally, no errors or popups about whether the program installed correctly that you sometimes get.
'
But starting the program just hangs forever on the splash screen.
If you're using Google Chrome browser, try exiting it and that will allow the program to open. That is the only remaining cause of the program not opening as far as I know.
Lt. Commander
# 153
08-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
If you're using Google Chrome browser, try exiting it and that will allow the program to open. That is the only remaining cause of the program not opening as far as I know.
That did it! Yeah I pretty much keep that open all the time, with a tab on my e-mail at the least.

Hope you can squash that bug sometime, but for now at least I can use it now. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 154
09-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Handy little program! Thanks for all the hard work!
Lt. Commander
# 155
10-13-2011, 04:27 PM
You didn't Include Nadion Inversion. This Engineering Captain power can let you fire an 8 beam cruiser with all beams operating at 125 power. You should update your chart to reflect this. Probably should include Emergency Power to Weapon's energy weapon damage boost as well.
Lt. Commander
# 156
10-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
You didn't Include Nadion Inversion. This Engineering Captain power can let you fire an 8 beam cruiser with all beams operating at 125 power. You should update your chart to reflect this. Probably should include Emergency Power to Weapon's energy weapon damage boost as well.
A lot of powers aren't included because I don't know exactly how they work/how to integrate them into the program. In theory I understand how Nadion Inversion works, but determining how much it affects dps output in practice can be a bit more tricky.

In this specific case the problem is that Nadion inversion halves the energy use of weapons. It's not really practical for me to retest all the weapons using Nadion Inversion (too time consuming, and also the power doesn't last long enough to be easily tested). So I'm left with estimating the effect, which I could do by just halving the number of weapons being fired when making the calculations, but then what do I do when it's an odd number of weapons?

I suppose I could average the results of one more and one less weapon, but at that point I'm not sure how accurate the figures would actually be. In general I don't want to mislead people into thinking something is better/worse than it really is, so when in doubt, I just leave it out. That said, I'll think about including Nadion Inversion with some sort of warning that it's just an estimation.
Lt. Commander
# 157
10-14-2011, 10:00 PM
I've updated the Starship Weapons Calculator to reflect the changes for S4. This includes the newer version of BFAW and Torpedo Spread, as well as the bonus damage based on weapon rarity.
Lt. Commander
# 158
10-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
A lot of powers aren't included because I don't know exactly how they work/how to integrate them into the program. In theory I understand how Nadion Inversion works, but determining how much it affects dps output in practice can be a bit more tricky.

In this specific case the problem is that Nadion inversion halves the energy use of weapons. It's not really practical for me to retest all the weapons using Nadion Inversion (too time consuming, and also the power doesn't last long enough to be easily tested). So I'm left with estimating the effect, which I could do by just halving the number of weapons being fired when making the calculations, but then what do I do when it's an odd number of weapons?

I suppose I could average the results of one more and one less weapon, but at that point I'm not sure how accurate the figures would actually be. In general I don't want to mislead people into thinking something is better/worse than it really is, so when in doubt, I just leave it out. That said, I'll think about including Nadion Inversion with some sort of warning that it's just an estimation.
My Engineer can get Nadion Inversion to 82%+. I can fire 8 beams, all at 125 power...
Lt. Commander
# 159
10-17-2011, 04:25 AM
I've started a new thread since this one has gotten kind of long, and much of the discussion is now out of date.

The new thread is here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=236545

Please update your bookmarks and subscription settings!
Lt. Commander
# 160
10-19-2011, 02:31 PM
This thread has been closed per the OP's request. Please see the link in the post above to find the new thread.
Closed Thread