Lt. Commander
# 21
10-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suavek View Post
That's good to hear. Although, if Cryptic claims that the dilithium reward is going to be reasonably large, it can somewhat "break" the progression of any new character we create. Unless of course the dilithium will be awarded only at some later levels.

Still, I'm looking at the requirements of doff tiers and I can't imagine getting to Tier 3 in time. I will be happy if I can even get Tier 1 (Diplomacy, most probably).
They can make it only redeemable once per toon, like what they did for numerous of the Pre-Order rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Any idea what, if any, deadline is set for the DOff rewards? Is it the same time limit that applies for getting a character to VA?

Z
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-16-2011, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9
They can make it only redeemable once per toon, like what they did for numerous of the Pre-Order rewards.
I know. What I mean is, if you redeem it early in the game, you basically have all the necessary funds for quite some time. You don't have to grind or anything - just redeem the dilithium and buy yourself all the equipment you want to level up.

Because by "large chunk" I expect something of vaule even for a VA, not to mention LC.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Quote:
I know. What I mean is, if you redeem it early in the game, you basically have all the necessary funds for quite some time. You don't have to grind or anything - just redeem the dilithium and buy yourself all the equipment you want to level up.

Because by "large chunk" I expect something of vaule even for a VA, not to mention LC.
But then all your dilithium is sunk into low level stuff, and since gear is fairly tightly level-banded I don't feel like this would be an issue. It's also a point of player freedom to detail how and where they should spend their rewards.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-16-2011, 04:47 PM
Quote:
That's good to hear. Although, if Cryptic claims that the dilithium reward is going to be reasonably large, it can somewhat "break" the progression of any new character we create. Unless of course the dilithium will be awarded only at some later levels.

Still, I'm looking at the requirements of doff tiers and I can't imagine getting to Tier 3 in time. I will be happy if I can even get Tier 1 (Diplomacy, most probably).
If the DiLi is per character, they need to make it level gated (like 20 or something for Feds, 35+ for KDF) or Subbers could create chars to get DiLi, sell it, delete char, rinse, repeat (Or even use the C-Points they just got to then transfer the DiLi to another char; still the issue of infinite DiLi).