Lt. Commander
# 1 Old borg ship set
10-15-2011, 05:18 AM
this may had been answered some where and i just havent found it but, the old ship borg sets ya use to get for doing stfs are they doing away with those or is there gonna be a new way of getting them, alot of people like those ?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-15-2011, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMerzan
this may had been answered some where and i just havent found it but, the old ship borg sets ya use to get for doing stfs are they doing away with those or is there gonna be a new way of getting them, alot of people like those ?
I remember reading a thread where somebody said that set just hadn't been added to the STF vendor yet. I don't remember any other details I'm afraid.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-16-2011, 08:07 AM
oh ok ty lol i may suck at the game but i want to look cool doing it hehehehehehe
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-16-2011, 08:15 AM
I'm really hoping that the missing "old" borg set is just that, missing and hasn't been put back in the game yet. It would really suck if the "old" set was gone all together. I haven't run the new STF's yet and while the new rewards look pretty good, I noticed there is nothing that compares to the old trans-warp borg engines and that's the one part of the set I would really miss if they are indeed gone.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-16-2011, 08:17 AM
i see no reason to take stuff out of the game. i iamgine it just is not hooked up yet.

it could possible be part of the elite versions. i hope its not but you never know.

they may just be making type X, XI and XII versions to match the others as i think its only one type at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-16-2011, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i see no reason to take stuff out of the game. i iamgine it just is not hooked up yet.

it could possible be part of the elite versions. i hope its not but you never know.

they may just be making type X, XI and XII versions to match the others as i think its only one type at the moment.
Good point, and I very much hope it's not taken out of the game.

One thing to bear in mind is that I tend to use my curent Borg set on all my tunes because of the extra speed the engines give me. It's a little bit painful going back to slower engines once you get used to warp 14, and it was certainly very painful going back to warp 7.7 when I started a new toon on Tribble.

I wonder if the devs would consider giving the new engines a little bit more speed to make them compete better appeal wise compared to the current engines?
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-16-2011, 11:49 AM
I doubt it's been removed, it took a lot of work to do them since they were the prototypes for ship skin changes. They're probably being saved for when more of the STFs are available on tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Id rather the old set get tied to the borg front missions: Asset recovery, collateral damage and state of Q.

We allready have a breen set tied to missions, so this way everyone who plays the missions can get the gear
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-17-2011, 05:17 AM
Just my 2 cents....

Yeah, I have not yet seen the Borg Set on Tribble either...
I do hope they will give different rewards for the ELITE vs Standard version...

Example: Standard will get the Borg Engine with Warp 14, ELITE should get a revamped version with Warp 16 or so...

Also the quantum slipstream drive could do with an overhaul... either make it last longer than 30 sec or set the speed higher... (WARP 30 for example)
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-17-2011, 05:52 AM
They a re putting the old Borg set on the C-Store! :p