Lt. Commander
# 1 Instances
10-17-2011, 12:06 PM
How do we get a private instance so we can avoid high levels taking all the fun from hunting?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakeny View Post
How do we get a private instance so we can avoid high levels taking all the fun from hunting?
You might try Clicking the Name of the Current Map at the Top of the Mini Map, and check to see if any other Instances are available, but there is no Guaranty that there will be one.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-17-2011, 12:24 PM
I hop instances, but inevitably someone comes along to ruin my fun.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-17-2011, 12:32 PM
Are you talking about High level players in Deep Space Encounters?
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-17-2011, 12:47 PM
at some point I wouldn't mind seeing them broken into levels, and the difficulty rated accordingly. So those of us at a higher level can slug it out with the help of other players and enemies at the same level/difficulty. And the lower level people can have a better experience with enemies scaled for them and not having some higher level jerk come in and steal all the loot.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-17-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm a little unsure about what instances your referring to, but its a rather unfair stereotype to call all high level players jerks, because they are hunting for anomalies or collecting ships for their accolades. You could always request a team and match their level. Most people in this game are actually quite un-jerkish in my experience.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
I'm a little unsure about what instances your referring to, but its a rather unfair stereotype to call all high level players jerks, because they are hunting for anomalies or collecting ships for their accolades. You could always request a team and match their level. Most people in this game are actually quite un-jerkish in my experience.
And thats true, but when I was leveling up there were certainly plenty of times (and the C.E. comes to mind) where some higher level jerk warped in did his damage and warped out. Even when some friends and I were doing the DS9 fleet mission, few people warped in and basically blew all the ships to hell before we could even get past the first group we were dealing with.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-17-2011, 01:16 PM
I am mainly referring to Deep Space Encounters, but have also run into it in regular mission maps too. I didn't say they were jerks, just not fun when heading towards a group of ships and a high level plows through them right before I get into range.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Well, just to chime in again, as the forums are quite sleepy atm ^^...

DSEs are open to all, so it allows for all levels to participate, and there are multiple reasons for doing so beyond the kill mission. I guess you could say some High Levels might be fed up zoning into low level DSEs all the time too (as they want to test weapons or have a good experience).

Regarding Fleet Actions like CE,which is one of the hardest, if not the hardest in the game, well I believe they can be set up using the private queue creator and even given a password so random folks can't just join and ruin your progress.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
Well, just to chime in again, as the forums are quite sleepy atm ^^...

DSEs are open to all, so it allows for all levels to participate, and there are multiple reasons for doing so beyond the kill mission. I guess you could say some High Levels might be fed up zoning into low level DSEs all the time too (as they want to test weapons or have a good experience).

Regarding Fleet Actions like CE,which is one of the hardest, if not the hardest in the game, well I believe they can be set up using the private queue creator and even given a password so random folks can't just join and ruin your progress.
If only rest of game could be password protected. If I am not in a team, it is usually due to wanting to solo.