Lt. Commander
# 721
09-01-2011, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuirk View Post
With Cryptic under new ownership, I am prepared to wipe the slate clean in terms of my opinion of Cryptic and STO's pros and cons.

But Dan if you are reading this, I would suggest that you go to the PW people and explain to them that this community is wound up tight enough to crap out diamonds over the lack of communication as to the road ahead. We have, as has been said by others, been told "soon" too many times.

The sale has been finalized. There supposedly going to be serious resources channeled into STO's development. Perfect World is not doing themselves, you guys at Cryptic or us any favors by sitting on the information.

Now is not the time to try to generate buzz and hype. Now is the time to pull beck the curtain and reveal what's going on. People are frustrated. They are on the verge of quitting. Some of them already have. I don't care what is in the C-Store... Those that are not playing will not be buying any of it.

So please. Beg the new Powers that Be to permit you to let the cat out of the bag. There is a difference in heavy anticipation and tense frustration. The tension in this community is so great that when it snaps, I fear that the amount of hatred that will be unleashed will rival that of the SWG community at the onset of the NGE to SWG. You do not want a mass exodus to hit STO. Before the content drought started, STO was just beginning to emerge from the shadow of negative press that has covered it since launch. The shadow has extended itself durring the drought.

It is time to let a light shine from within tat darkness and chase the shadows away. And you are the beacon from which that light will spring.

Please... Do not make us wait any longer for the answers.
This sums up exactly my thoughts about the situation of STO, thx CaptainQuirk.
Lt. Commander
# 722
10-17-2011, 02:06 PM
BAH..... was getting a Quote and now I necro'd another thread

Sorry Stormy
Lt. Commander
# 723
10-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Thank you for this. I'm just as frustrated as any player, but want to communicate as much as I can about where we are at and how we are progressing. Other than the lack of new mission content, we have actually overhauled quite a bit of the game in the last several months, and we've been working on a lot of new features that you are about to start seeing released.

So while it does take time to hire back up, things are going to happen faster than you speculate above. We have a big update planned for September and the Feature Series coming in October which will run through November, and then a quick Holiday before we get back to more content and features.

We've been meeting regularly with Perfect World and over the next several weeks I'll be sharing our plans and continuing to communicate as much as I can.

In the meantime, I'm working with the team to get the Borg stuff into gear because most of it was supposed to release this last month and most of it slipped way past schedule due to some internal issues.

I'm addressing those issues as fast as possible and getting things back on track so we can have a great Holiday season in STO.
Has the new FE coming?, middle of Oct, and still no sign
Lt. Commander
# 724
10-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentTyler View Post
Agree'd loosing hope on that coming anytime before F2P is launched.
Lt. Commander
# 725
10-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Quote:
The problem with zombie threads is that people do not bother to look at the date of a particular post, nor bother to look at posts made after the zombie thread date. For example, we have known since before Dstalh left that the next FE would only be available in the Tribble test, and would only be there after the Duty Officer system has been tested - as the new FE has DOff missions within it. That is not news to anyone who has paid any attention to the game for the last month.
Lt. Commander
# 726
10-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krell83
BAH..... was getting a Quote and now I necro'd another thread

Sorry Stormy
Braaaaaaaaaains!
Lt. Commander
# 727
10-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
The problem with zombie threads is that people do not bother to look at the date of a particular post, nor bother to look at posts made after the zombie thread date. For example, we have known since before Dstalh left that the next FE would only be available in the Tribble test, and would only be there after the Duty Officer system has been tested - as the new FE has DOff missions within it. That is not news to anyone who has paid any attention to the game for the last month.
The bigger problem is not holding a company accountable for what they say or do. This leads to the mess we are in currently. Cryptic has promised fixes and or new content since BETA. Well im here to tell the ones not paying attention, Were coming up on 2 years and still nada, zilch, bubkiss as far as Cryptic doing what they say they are going to do.
Lt. Commander
# 728
10-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Quote:
The bigger problem is not holding a company accountable for what they say or do. This leads to the mess we are in currently. Cryptic has promised fixes and or new content since BETA. Well im here to tell the ones not paying attention, Were coming up on 2 years and still nada, zilch, bubkiss as far as Cryptic doing what they say they are going to do.
Your post is meaningless. Cryptic has added a ton of content since "Beta." You might want to focus your time down a little to a specific period. Of course you might just assume that adding GO and missions there, the Undine zone and missions there, the Defera zone and missions there, the Klingon Missions, the STFs, all the FEs, and so on over the last 18 months since Beta are nothing (and we will not even go into all the new systems such as Foundry, Replay, Difficulty Slider, Shooter Mode, etc that have been added since Beta), but you would be wrong.