Lt. Commander
...for the first time, and I have to say the acting is quite bad. Lol. Quite a bit 'worse' than TNG. Lol.

I haven't watched all of TNG yet, only about 3/8ths the episodes. Of course since it is Star Trek I am hooked lol.

Does anybody else of experiences regarding the Saga they wish to share, or any thing that you can relate to you gameplay in STO!?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockonator View Post
...for the first time, and I have to say the acting is quite bad. Lol. Quite a bit 'worse' than TNG. Lol.

I haven't watched all of TNG yet, only about 3/8ths the episodes. Of course since it is Star Trek I am hooked lol.

Does anybody else of experiences regarding the Saga they wish to share!?
Acting in Star Trek? Surely you jest (and no I'm not calling you Shirley).
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-17-2011, 08:07 PM
(1) Brad Dourif as a serial killer Betazoid . . . full of win.

(2) The episode where Janeway and Ch'kotay (spelling???) get abandoned on a planet for, what they think is for good. Ch'kotay spends the entire time trying to get in Janeway's pants but she is too interested in a local monkey creature that keeps showing up to show any interest in the bow chikka wow wow.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-17-2011, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artic1337

(2) The episode where Janeway and Ch'kotay (spelling???) get abandoned on a planet for, what they think is for good. Ch'kotay spends the entire time trying to get in Janeway's pants but she is too interested in a local monkey creature that keeps showing up to show any interest in the bow chikka wow wow.
Oh man! Lol! Looks I have a lot to look forward to.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-17-2011, 08:22 PM
What is this 'acting'? I don't see how it relates to our STAR TREK HISTORICAL DOCUMENTS one bit!

VOY does have it's own take on trek which can be a stark change from Picard shtick!.. Mostly turn of the millennium technobabble and deus ex machina of the week explanations to things, but I will always cherish it and Janeway would be my favourite Captain, even though I absolutely wretch at myself for saying that.

It has several good times, and terrible times story wise... just enjoy the ride.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockonator View Post
No way does TNG rate higher, especially not when you bring Wesley into the conversation. Even Morn had more value to Trek than that guy. And if we're judging acting caliber: all TV Shows are fodder compared to what you'd find in a single movie. Making dozens of episodes and not bore the crap out of the audience must be hard as hell.

I salute the actors who slog through that excess!
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-17-2011, 08:36 PM
As bad as the acting on Voyager was, it was the WRITING that was worst. They seriously seem to have no idea how science actually works, and pay no attention to things that have been previously written.

You should check out sfdebris' reviews, they are spot on most of the time.

http://blip.tv/sf-debris-opinionated-reviews

Be advised that occasionally you might encounter some strong language in some of his reviews.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-17-2011, 08:53 PM
The first few seasons of EVERY series were full of less than stellar episodes. Voy: Threshold, TNG: The Naked Now, DS9: Move Along Home, ENT: Too many to list. I won't list any TOS because it was limited by acting standards, costumes, effects, and by the 60s in general.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-17-2011, 08:58 PM
The first season was all that great, but after everyone started getting used to their parts, they are much better. The charcters take on a greater realism.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-17-2011, 09:13 PM
The only thing I couldn't stand about VOY was whenever Tom Paris would open his mouth and bring up something from the 20th century, either in passing or as a solution to that week's problem. Okay, we get it, you're trying to connect with the audience. But seriously, it gets old real fast.