Lt. Commander
# 11
10-17-2011, 10:06 PM
Oh, I think we're duty bound to warn you that when you get to an episode called "Threshold", don't bother watching it, just keep going. Its 45 minutes we've collectively wiped from our memories, or tried to.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
Oh, I think we're duty bound to warn you that when you get to an episode called "Threshold", don't bother watching it, just keep going. Its 45 minutes we've collectively wiped from our memories, or tried to.
Yeah, like watching a movie called "catwoman".
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-17-2011, 10:16 PM
I can't even bring myself to watch most of the first season episodes of TNG except for the Q episodes. Tonight I actually watched the first half of the "The Last Outpost" on my DVR by accident. When it started, I was like "crap this is an oldy, I'll try to plow through it." I got about halfway through before stopping myself from vomiting.

The scenes of the Ferengi are absolutely terrible, they are like a cave man sub species compared to Quark. Picards acting is completely unbecoming of what his character ends up being... perhaps an over cooked drunk party version of himself... Don't get me started on Data... Riker, grow a beard!

Hey... have any of you seen the look on Worf's face when he get shocked at the panel in "Lonely Among Us"....

Edit: I also cant watch Yesterday's Enterprise.... Happy Gilmore ruined it for me because the dude that ends up being Tasha Yar's love interest plays Shooter McGavin in Happy Gilmore. He's a a pompous jerkface in that movie... and that's all I think about when watching this episode.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Lols, you guys.

So far I think Kas is my favorite character. I am on episode 3 now.

She is the best actor so far, and the cutest. Lol.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-17-2011, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnogE00F
No way does TNG rate higher, especially not when you bring Wesley into the conversation. Even Morn had more value to Trek than that guy. And if we're judging acting caliber: all TV Shows are fodder compared to what you'd find in a single movie. Making dozens of episodes and not bore the crap out of the audience must be hard as hell.

I salute the actors who slog through that excess!
This will cheer you up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJessyuf8lA&t=1m10s
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-17-2011, 11:08 PM
Why do people in the Star Trek community hate Voyager so much? It's got such a bad rep and i cant understand why???!! Yes, there were a few badly written episodes but ive never had a problem with the acting. Infact, i think those actors did a tremendous job working the 15+ hours everyday behind a camera, learning lines, make up, not getting much time with the families. Oh and by the way...this thread is supposed to be in Ten Forward.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-17-2011, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockonator View Post
Lols, you guys.

So far I think Kas is my favorite character. I am on episode 3 now.

She is the best actor so far, and the cutest. Lol.

EDIT:

HOLY $#!T, is Janeway the Argonian female voice!?!?
Srsly is she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupAJ1M View Post
Oh and by the way...this thread is supposed to be in Ten Forward.
First Post edited, this bit is now false.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-17-2011, 11:51 PM
I used to hate Voyager too. Especially the first season and all the way up to replacing Kes (damn I hated her). Then I met Garrett **** at a rave; after that I loved Voyager (and they replaced that wimpy Kes)!

Edit: OMG they redact Garrett's last name? lame.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-17-2011, 11:59 PM
I liked it mostly except I felt the writing got really bad and spotty toward the end. Its high point are the 3rd-5th seasons, the 1 and 2 seasons are not bad just a few cklinkers.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-18-2011, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxcraig View Post
I used to hate Voyager too. Especially the first season and all the way up to replacing Kes (damn I hated her). Then I met Garrett **** at a rave; after that I loved Voyager (and they replaced that wimpy Kes)!

Edit: OMG they redact Garrett's last name? lame.
So i just Googled "Garrett" and "Star Trek Voyager" and laughed for like five minutes..... lol Still haven't grown up. Anyway, I never knew the name of the actor that played Ensign Kim.

I was also glad when Kes left as well. There's this one episode where she's covered in burns or growths or something and she's screaming..... lol That's how I remember her.