Lt. Commander
# 81
10-18-2011, 09:57 AM
There are two debates going on here at the same time.

the VA token debate, but it also begs the question

should VAs in general be redeemable in dilithium.

Yes, i believe the VA token should be reinstated, I also believe that the VA ships should be redeemable in Dilithium as well as C-store purchasable.

Much in the same way you can grind for emblems, you can grind for dilithium, get your ship and it costs NOONE ANYTHING, in terms of real world cash.

The old system is, I can either grind it out for FREE, or if I want to pay to get it I can.
It gave me the choice, Now, I do not have one. I HAVE to have ME or someone sink money for me to get it.

What this also means is the next VA i get, I can just redeem it from the C-store. Instead of having to grind for Dilithium for it.

If anything I am arguing for a system they keeps the challenge of what we have now INSTEAD of just getting it mailed to me for free.
Lt. Commander
# 82
10-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Somebody tell me about what happens to all the VA/RA tokens I still have that I haven't redeemed yet...
Lt. Commander
# 83
10-18-2011, 11:42 AM
They MAY redeem in Dilithium, maybe just disappear, I wouldn't take a chance and just get your ships now.
Lt. Commander
# 84
10-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Somebody tell me about what happens to all the VA/RA tokens I still have that I haven't redeemed yet...
That is the question on everyones mind right now and sadly there is still no official answer to it. I hope that we get a certain amount of dilithium for them at least.
If they simply disappear im going to be really ****ed about it.

Oh and as for simply getting the ships now, that would only make sense if i wanted to have any of them, However im quite happy with the ships i have already.

Getting dilithium for ur old tokens would be the best solution as u can then simply spend it on whatever u want.

Im still hoping we get an official response on that subject. There are more than enough threads about it and a lot of people are quite nervous because of the complete lack of clarification from Cryptics side.
Lt. Commander
# 85
10-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The5thchild
That is the question on everyones mind right now and sadly there is still no official answer to it. I hope that we get a certain amount of dilithium for them at least.
If they simply disappear im going to be really ****ed about it.

Oh and as for simply getting the ships now, that would only make sense if i wanted to have any of them, However im quite happy with the ships i have already.

Getting dilithium for ur old tokens would be the best solution as u can then simply spend it on whatever u want.

Im still hoping we get an official response on that subject. There are more than enough threads about it and a lot of people are quite nervous because of the complete lack of clarification from Cryptics side.
simply redeeming it in dilithium reduces their value since you can't get the ships they are redeemable for.
Lt. Commander
# 86
10-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentExeider View Post
The old system is, I can either grind it out for FREE, or if I want to pay to get it I can.
It gave me the choice, Now, I do not have one. I HAVE to have ME or someone sink money for me to get it.
C-Store stipend + patience = free (for your apparent definition of "free").
Lt. Commander
# 87
10-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Wrong.
Even if a stipend is included as a bonus, C-Points by nature have a monetary value attached to them.
Hence still not free.
Lt. Commander
# 88
10-18-2011, 01:16 PM
The assignment of a monetary value simply emphasizes the fact that you can get the ships for free, if you're sufficiently patient.