Lt. Commander
# 1731
10-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Well, extreme frame rate loss in terms of having 43FPS while doing nothing and then suddenly having barely 13FPS when just pressing a navigation key (WASD).
There is a good chance that this is related to 10.6.8 graphics drivers but it started with Season 4 and I updated to 10.6.8 after this frame rate problem with the thought the supposed better drivers in 10.6.8 will fix this.
Funny thing tho is that this didnīt happen with Tribble Test Shard back in the days but as soon as S4 hit Holodeck or with one of the early S4 updates, canīt really remember.
Lt. Commander
# 1732 1.3.2 Error
10-18-2011, 02:59 AM
I know you needed people to test 1.3.2. I was running it fine since it came out. not till recently that it started to crash on startup. When I loaded the lancher it gives me an error at me saying Program error. THe program star trek online.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close error. I redownloaded the wrapper and copied the cryptic folder from my windows partition which I know the game is running fine. I ran the debug feature for wine skin and this is what it gives me I hope this helps you out. 1.3.1 is stil working perfect for me.

Attached is the log file for LastRunWine.Log
Lt. Commander
# 1733
10-18-2011, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall_Mc
I know you needed people to test 1.3.2. I was running it fine since it came out. not till recently that it started to crash on startup. When I loaded the lancher it gives me an error at me saying Program error. THe program star trek online.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close error. I redownloaded the wrapper and copied the cryptic folder from my windows partition which I know the game is running fine. I ran the debug feature for wine skin and this is what it gives me I hope this helps you out. 1.3.1 is stil working perfect for me.

Attached is the log file for LastRunWine.Log
thanks... I haven't actually updated that in a while. Crashing bugs when its trying to load IE stuff for the log in does happen at times on that build, you'll probably have to reboot.

I think I'm going to put together a new version to stick up there... it runs great with everything except the sound is very bad and annoying....
Lt. Commander
# 1734
10-18-2011, 01:26 PM
I went ahead and stuck up a much newer Beta2 build.

The sound in it is horrible, and the graphics can get strange anomalies if you have AA turned off, so I suggest running it at 2X or higher. Of course the sound is so annoyingly bad right now you may not want to play much with this version.
Lt. Commander
# 1735
10-19-2011, 02:28 AM
I find that Pandora, a really god like radio station, or even an MP3 Player can fix that problem rather nicely.
Lt. Commander
# 1736
10-19-2011, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjik View Post
I find that Pandora, a really god like radio station, or even an MP3 Player can fix that problem rather nicely.
I'd rather have the in-game sound effects over music :-)
Lt. Commander
# 1737
10-22-2011, 01:49 PM
Hiya, I've been having trouble with the graphics. Specificaly Character models don't load for my avatar, players or npcs. I've tried tweaking round with the graphics to no affect, it's probably due to my old comp but just asking if there are any solutions?

intel core duo 2.16 GHz
2GB RAM
ATI RadeonX1600 with 256MB
Lt. Commander
# 1738
10-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket-Pidgeon
Hiya, I've been having trouble with the graphics. Specificaly Character models don't load for my avatar, players or npcs. I've tried tweaking round with the graphics to no affect, it's probably due to my old comp but just asking if there are any solutions?

intel core duo 2.16 GHz
2GB RAM
ATI RadeonX1600 with 256MB
I doubt there is a solution for an X1600... the drivers for that in OSX have always been extremely buggy even on many completely native OSX games.

I have an older machine with one that is now just a DVR system... but it was the bane of all my gaming on OSX I got so tired of fighting problems with it.
Lt. Commander
# 1739
10-23-2011, 06:22 AM
I thought it would be a problem with my gpu. thanks for the advice guess its time to upgrade.
Lt. Commander
# 1740 Errors
10-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Still getting the crashing window. It used to work on 1.3.2 but I rebooted reinstalled and did everything. I have left the screen settings like you have them set in wineskin. Do you need anything else besides the wineskin log files? CrossOver and your 1.3.1 app works great. I love you app the most and really like bloom effects in 1.3.2. awesome work keep up the great work.
Closed Thread