Lt. Commander
# 141
10-19-2011, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambril
I really don't understand what is so complicated about this.

It is a currency conversion - a unit of one currency (emblem, badge, merit etc.) has a value in another currency (dilithium). How I earned the currency is irrelevant - it should be a fixed rate for everyone. It should also all be in refined - not locked away in ore.

We can even see what the conversion rates should be - what used to award 1 emblem now awards 480 dilithium, what used to award 75 badges now awards 1440 dilithium. Merits are a liittle trickier - but for example a white boff which used to cost 100 merit now costs 240 dilithium. I have no knowledge of pvp awards, but I am sure the rate could also be worked out.

This is not rocket science. Currency has value. Its value is what I can buy with it, not what I had to do to get it. There is no reason why player X should get more value from his/her currency than player Y.

Think again Cryptic.
The 480 : 1 seems to ignore that said missions also award Merits on Holodeck which also convert to dilithium (or don't they all, because most do).

For example, the mission: Rescue Deferi Captives on Holodeck awards 200 merits and 1 emblem to a VA, and on Tribble it's 480 emblems. Thus, 200 merits and 1 emblem would equal 480 dilithium. It seems like they may be giving similar weight to those 200 merits relative to the 1 emblem.

Anyway, if anything any question in conversion needs to accrue to the benefit of existing players. And information on the exact conversion is required.
Lt. Commander
# 142
10-19-2011, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
The 480 : 1 seems to ignore that said missions also award Merits on Holodeck which also convert to dilithium (or don't they all, because most do).

For example, the mission: Rescue Deferi Captives on Holodeck awards 200 merits and 1 emblem to a VA, and on Tribble it's 480 emblems. Thus, 200 merits and 1 emblem would equal 480 dilithium. It seems like they may be giving similar weight to those 200 merits relative to the 1 emblem.

Anyway, if anything any question in conversion needs to accrue to the benefit of existing players. And information on the exact conversion is required.
Fair point and I had forgotten about that. Though I still maintain it should be a fixed rate conversion (even if my estimates are a little off).
Lt. Commander
# 143 No to Dilithium Ore.
10-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Well, I transferred my character last night (conversion numbers posted here) and while I'm still crunching the numbers to determine how I faired in general, I will say right off the bat that all my "money" needs to be in a liquid, spendable state. Forget the Dilithium Ore. I should get all Refined Dilithium.

Right now on Holodeck, if I wanted to go spend all my assorted badges, marks, etc., I could. Post-Conversion I'm going to need to churn through >91k of Ore at a max rate of 8k/day? If I logged in daily and earned no additional Ore from Dailies, Missions, DOff Assignments, etc. it will still take me 12 days to get my money back. That will surely be longer due to additional Ore income.

I get Cryptic is trying to change the future. But they HAVE TO ACCEPT THE PAST. Those resources didn't come magically out of the ether. No. I have worked for them over the 20 months I've been playing and PAYING FOR this game. I have already paid them money for that time spend playing their game. During MANY MONTHS OF CONTENT DROUGHT when there was nothing much to do. So I spent that time on this character grinding accolades (during which you gain lots of currencies).

During times when you guys shined us on, painting a rosey future of new weekly episodes and a strong KDF faction, and a pretty pony for every player... I kept buying it. Hook, line, sinker. I sunk lots of money into your game. Buying (nearly) everything in the C-Store. Showing my support. Hoping/expecting it to pay off, that I'd be rewarded with a good/fun game.

And now you're taking us down another peg, saying I won't have ready access to my currency, that I have to "keep paying" to get what I've already worked for.

No.

That's wrong.

dstahl said Cryptic's plans were such that subscribers would notice no changes. Hmm... No VA ships tokens, no real in-game (only) method of C-Store ship acquisition, in-game ships removed and put in the C-Store, nerfed Relentless accolade, our currencies being time-gated...

ATTENTION CRYPTIC: I AM NOTICING CHANGES!

So tell me, why are you altering your plans? I feel you owe us all an clear, honest, detailed answer.

Lt. Commander
# 144
10-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
dstahl said Cryptic's plans were such that subscribers would notice no changes. Hmm... No VA ships tokens, no real in-game (only) method of C-Store ship acquisition, in-game ships removed and put in the C-Store, nerfed Relentless accolade, our currencies being time-gated...

So tell me, why are you altering your plans? I feel you owe us all an clear, honest, detailed answer.

They have altered the deal. Pray they don't alter it further.
Lt. Commander
# 145
10-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
I was actually going for that...
Lt. Commander
# 146
10-19-2011, 12:13 PM
Several thoughts and questions spring to mind.

Are Gold account members going to be limited to one klingon, One Federation, and One of either? Will I be losing slots on Holodeck?

While I can understand the need for limiting unlimited currency getting into the system. How are you guys getting realistic data on EC usage anyway. The Holodeck market is flooded as is the Auction house. The Tribble economy doesn't reflect reality.
Lt. Commander
# 147
10-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
http://video.adultswim.com/robot-chi...-the-time.html

Don't poke the bear.

You know how the well saying "At least it can't get any worse" works out, right?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TemptingFate
Lt. Commander
# 148
10-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari

They also removed the ability to respec without Respec Token's so we will now be "forced" to choose between getting a ship or respec.
Lt. Commander
# 149
10-19-2011, 02:31 PM
[quote=Timelord_Victorious][quote=Palmera]ok so lets say we transfer our toon over to tribbles. and lets say we get said toon to General. can that said toon be a general on the holodeck via a reverse transfer of some sort, or not happening?
Quote:

Not happening.

Think of your Tribble duplicate as a transporter duplicate like Thomas Riker. He was the same person until the accident happened. While he had the same potential, all experiences on Tribble make him a different entity then your Holodeck toon that can't be reintegrated back into the supposed original.
Very nicely put !!
Lt. Commander
# 150
10-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizitor View Post
Are Gold account members going to be limited to one klingon, One Federation, and One of either? Will I be losing slots on Holodeck?
Read the F2P matrix and previous developer statements for these answers.