Lt. Commander
# 221
10-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellbristow View Post
Add to that the fact that the Dilithium pricing is ludicrous (such that many will likely never be able to afford to craft a full set of items)
30 Tetryon particles + schematic for a blue Mk V?
Above + 1k Dilithium for a blue Mk VI? (v 3.6k store price)

20 Tachyon's + schematic for a blue Mk IX?
Above + 9k Dilithium for a blue Mk X?? (v 15k store price)

GEE, that's TERRIBLE. We should all quit now, as no one can possibly afford those prices.
Nevermind that I earned 33k Dilithium in less than three hours. Crafting, and STO in general, is RUINED.
Seriously.
Lt. Commander
# 222
10-20-2011, 04:07 PM
[*]T5 Intrepid Retrofit [list][*]Ablative Generator is now a Console item. [*]Added Engineering Console Slot.

the console item should be equipable at all sience ships
Lt. Commander
# 223
10-20-2011, 04:12 PM
Nice to see plenty of Fixes included as well as additions and iterations based on constructive feedback.

This is what we like to see.

p.s. Any chance we can have a nod if further character copies might be decided upon (based off initial economy fluctuations from the first lot being created?) I ask because I made a mistake and I'd like to test the brains out of tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 224
10-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jes-
30 Tetryon particles + schematic for a blue Mk V?
Above + 1k Dilithium for a blue Mk VI? (v 3.6k store price)

20 Tachyon's + schematic for a blue Mk IX?
Above + 9k Dilithium for a blue Mk X?? (v 15k store price)

GEE, that's TERRIBLE. We should all quit now, as no one can possibly afford those prices.
Nevermind that I earned 33k Dilithium in less than three hours. Crafting, and STO in general, is RUINED.
Seriously.
Well remember as well that they will require refined dilithium and not ore. So unless the refine cap is raised, removed or negated in some way with a cstore boost or event buff.... it will be another tough choice for people potentially.
Lt. Commander
# 225 T5 Excel Nerf == Epic Fail.
10-20-2011, 04:38 PM
<Reads Release notes...>
The T3 Excel gets a TW Console, a Console Slot, and a modest Efficiency Skill buff. You're taking it out of the EC Game Store and putting it in the C-Store making it a P2W Tier+1 ship. So, I guess that's on par. I'm actually ok with that.
But then Wha-?!? Why are you nerfing the T5 Excelsior?!?
The T5 Excel gets a TW Console, but NO added Console Slot.
This doesn't appear to be an oversight, rather a conscious intention. Why? Nearly every other C-Store ship got an extra slot, including the T3, why didn't the T5 Excel? This means at the very least I have to lose a bank and/or inventory cell to keep my TW powers, but wait...

The T5 Excel loses three TW destinations.
I just don't even know what to say about this. Please explain it to me. The mass-TW was the whole reason I bought the ship. Sacreligious as it may be, I've never liked the look of the Excelsior! Near as I can figure it's some sort of scam to get me to buy the T3 and, what, lose another slot and/or inventory cell? God if you're going to do that, do it right, and at least throw in an extra Console slot to encourage me to carry both Consoles.
So what does that leave me:
A C-Store ship for which I paid a full-priced $15 of Real World Money that either:
A) Has no special abilities at all, meaning I got a skin for $15.
B) To get 2/3 of my TW back I have to give up an existing console to slot the T5 TW Console, and get a negligible boost to ship's power as a consolation.
C) To get all my TW back, I have to buy another ship, give up another console to slot the T3 TW Console with an even smaller power boost.
Where's the upside?

You know, I just can't believe this... I was trying to have hope. I was trying to assume things would get better. But Sweet Jumpin' Jebus on a Pogo Stick!!! - This up/down BS is for the birds... I so want to be happy about the DOff system, about Klingon Acadamy, about the Tour game and STF changes. Heck, prior to this completely unreasonable, unnecessary, and uncool nerf to the Excel, I was even getting on board with the P2W T+1 Ships.

You see, I've got money to spend. I'm far from rich, but I've got disposable income to pay my share into your coffers. Check my account, you'll see I already have. I was actually getting seduced my your wiley charms and wares. I liked the idea of modualized powers that could be slotted or not. I was planning to buy a couple of those neat new ships Captain Logan has been working on.

If these Excel changes reach Holodeck, I will NEVER BUY from Cryptic again,
You will prove that when you buy from Cryptic they sell you X, then later change it to X-z.

That means no more C-Store purchases here in STO (or in CO), or any other game you ever release. No more multi-hardcopies of new games, no more friend referrals, no more LTS/subs. You don't want to lose a customer like me, I'm just what you want. I've got an addictive personality, I'm a collector (even of digital "things"), and there's that disposable income I mentioned. This isn't a threat. It's a calm promise.

Do the Right Thing. Fix it:
Put back all nine TW powers to the T5 Excel.
Either put the TWs back to being just click powers, or give us an extra Console slot.
You can take or leave the Performance Skill buff. It's nice to have, but I don't care about it.

Sincerely,
PatricianVetinari

P.S. I was gonna comment on the Dilithium Crafting Fail, but F-it... For now, suffice it to say I'm against it.

10/31 Update: The Excel due to be restored.
Lt. Commander
# 226
10-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Do the Right Thing. Fix it:
Put back all nine TW powers to the T5 Excel.
Either put the TWs back to being just click powers, or give us an extra Console slot.
You can take or leave the Performance Skill buff. It's nice to have, but I don't care about it.

Sincerely,
PatricianVetinari

P.S. I was gonna comment on the Dilithium Crafting Fail, but F-it... For now, suffice it to say I'm against it.
You know, once upon a time, when the Galaxy-X was kinda powerful, and when the Excelsior was about to go into the C-Store with a much more powerful BOff layout.... Cryptic had said that the new BOff layout of the Excelsior was going to be representative of the changes made to existing and future ships. I noted that it would be extremely difficult to change ships once they were bought on the C-Store because people had paid real money for them. Once you sell something to someone, it's really shaky ground to reach over and change it, since it's no longer, strictly speaking, what they bought. So I felt, that any changes to the ships would have to be done BEFORE it got put onto the C-Store, since changing it after it's been in the C-Store and been bought by people would be ethically shaky, set a bad precedent, and just be plain scuzzy. Ergo, Cryptic wouldn't do that.

Wow, was I wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 227
10-20-2011, 04:55 PM
If the Defiant and Galaxy class are gaining a console slot then they should certainly be converting their specials into consoles. You can't just give something that significant for nothing. Balance is hard to achieve but you guys are making it way harder than it has to be...
Lt. Commander
# 228
10-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellbristow View Post
Crafting should be:

Learn Crafting Skills
Choose what to make
Make or buy schematic
Get components (samples and items)
Make
Use/Sell

no other game I know of makes you spend any type of currency to craft items

Add to that the fact that the Dilithium pricing is ludicrous (such that many will likely never be able to afford to craft a full set of items)

Crafting = Dead (I certainly don't do it any more... and now my fleet crafters refuse to do it too!)

I agree 100%.
Lt. Commander
# 229
10-20-2011, 05:48 PM
I must have missed something - how do I get that console for my excelsior retrofit? I copied it over from Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 230
10-20-2011, 06:30 PM
The new interact image I like. However I think both the moving gears AND the flashing line is just too much.

I feel the slow flashing line currently on Holodeck is more than enough and was even way back when it first was implemented. As they say "If it ain't broke don't fix it". The gears are almost too out of place.

If you really want to help me find glowies on a map, instead of putting a glowing icon that, on very bright maps, will get washed out and lost anyway, make it so the interactive object has the current visual from Holodeck as well as an icon on the map/mini-map. Otherwise don't mess with it.
Closed Thread