Lt. Commander
# 11
10-20-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm the opposite, I'm burned out on FPS games. I've been playing since FPS games started off as arena shooters.

I played the alpha of BF3, it was ok. Didn't bother with the beta and I probably won't get MW3 either.

If TF2 wasn't so played out for me, I'd probably be playing that right now.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-20-2011, 09:10 PM
Damn. Once again being ground dumb when it comes to videogames sux my butt.

Gimmie a plane, or sub, or ship or hell I'm for some reason better at my kids transformer games than I am at anything ground fps. Remember the age of goldeneye 007? I got my $&@ handed to me all the time.

I do like driving any vehicle in those games and I am not dumb at that. But holy heck put me on the ground with a rifle and I'm like a deer in headlights. It's taken me forever to beat fallout new Vegas. Not because of all the content but I'm just plain old ground dumb. How do you fix that? I was hella good at both of The Old Republc games, but they were almost turn based.

/rant off.

So, how was everyone night night in pvp? Y'all get the scrambled?
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-20-2011, 11:59 PM
I was actually quite good at Call Of Duty. Ah, good times. It feels it was ages ago. Never tired Battlefield tho.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-21-2011, 12:30 AM
I am terrible at Shooters, unfortunately.

I used to play DukeNukem against my neighbor via nullmodem (serial port to serial port!). He always won. But he had the better PC, so I claimed it was just because his game ran more smoothly he was winning. So we switched places. He still won.

Only FPS-like game I was good at was Descent. People really are not that great at comprehending full 3D. Which is probably why they don't make games like it anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-21-2011, 12:38 AM
You should try it mate ,,, bf games are quality more team based than cod ,,, medic ***** ftw , hehe ,,, mw3 looks the same as mw2 they have been using that engine since time began lol ,, but bf3 plays well movment seems faster then bfbc2 ,, in fact i might jump on that later and get back into the bf way ,,,,,

The only thing that will take me to cod is SnD ,, man i just love it ,, me and my old team used to just domanate it all day long ,,, hax hax hax cry and dry ur eye lol ,,, i just hope its going to be servers and not that newbie p2p console bob way ,,,

But may have to bring back TeaM^ReZ ,,,, good times
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-21-2011, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I am terrible at Shooters, unfortunately.

I used to play DukeNukem against my neighbor via nullmodem (serial port to serial port!). He always won. But he had the better PC, so I claimed it was just because his game ran more smoothly he was winning. So we switched places. He still won.

Only FPS-like game I was good at was Descent. People really are not that great at comprehending full 3D. Which is probably why they don't make games like it anymore.
I know the feeling. I suck at shooters on the pc. Put me on a console though and the story changes dramatically. Twitch aiming is not aiming. Console sticks more accurately represent the effort required to use a weapon, and turn with it.

I'm not super awesome at shooters, on the console mind. I can hold my own. But my skill has always revolved around piloting. Be it ACs in Armored Core (which is also where I honed my toon building skills. The customization in AC is truly endless. Not this shallow experience that mmos offer but I digress), Driving cars stupid fast in games or in real life, or Aircraft in Ace Combat etc. I can do this almost equally well on the pc or console. I will agree most people's spacial awareness is utterly terrible. When I first started playing STO, you could imagine my disappointment that one of my downward slashing moves, guns blazing just wasn't possible due to the limited z axis... with the devs playfully saying at the time that the game tech couldn't handle a full Z. Later of course as people conintually rebutted that statement due to the tech obviously being in Champs, they said more or less it's because they felt their players were too stupid to handle a full Z, or even just a 90 degree Z.

The real reason of course is not only they feel their players are too dumb. (as evidenced by numerous water down, lowest common denominator changes since) But they also want the Horrible Cruiser pilots that can't live otherwise to be able to abuse a blind spot in the very limited Z that we have in sto.

If only this were Ace Combat, or one of my other flight games I could put those punk want to be cruisers in their place with superior control by being able to easily reverse their move against them. But no... we have a game instead where he that goes up first, and has beams is going to realistically stay out of your prime arc.

If someone's wondering just how much better could we move with a true Z or even 90 degree Z, those of you that have seen me fly, just double it. Everything I do movement wise, you can practically double and that's what we'd have. STO movement, is utterly slow for me due to a lack of Z.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-21-2011, 07:23 AM
Sadly I'm also bad at FPS shooters as the viewpoint given the player screws up my natural situational awareness in combat, something a thrid person view helps me overcome in video games.

I like STOs space comabt though and will always hang around to see it grow (hopefully) into a complex but fun enviroment. (not to mention I wait to make sure the KDF is properly represented in STO).

I lose nothing if its falls short ( I can always enjoy other pursuits) and they will lose a customer with the income to buy from the Cstore (which I will do- I like the new ships) and immerse themselves into the game.

Of course if the WIng Commander MMO ever goes into testing, I'm so going over. Love me some good space combat around a good story.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-21-2011, 07:30 AM
Lol I'm in the same boat as Roach. But I still like ot play them even though I suck incredibly. Might buy it...or "download" it. I can haz tank with Crimson? :p
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-21-2011, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
Damn. Once again being ground dumb when it comes to videogames sux my butt.

Gimmie a plane, or sub, or ship or hell I'm for some reason better at my kids transformer games than I am at anything ground fps. Remember the age of goldeneye 007? I got my $&@ handed to me all the time.

I do like driving any vehicle in those games and I am not dumb at that. But holy heck put me on the ground with a rifle and I'm like a deer in headlights. It's taken me forever to beat fallout new Vegas. Not because of all the content but I'm just plain old ground dumb. How do you fix that? I was hella good at both of The Old Republc games, but they were almost turn based.

/rant off.

So, how was everyone night night in pvp? Y'all get the scrambled?

Come Join LF/SoS in WoT. There is no SS/AMS, no cross healing actually no healing you cannot regain lost HP except when you start a new game. But there are plenty of one shots to go around
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-21-2011, 09:32 AM
Like I said, I *may* go to it. Looking at the pc specs I would be required to buy a new computer lol. My gaming laptop might pull it off, but if I do this then I want all the eye candy.

IDK, I really enjoy sto except SS and AMS _I_. I will just start saving up for a new computer.