Lt. Commander
# 1 Doff Assignment Errors
10-20-2011, 04:45 PM
I've run into two issues since the new patch.

1) On some missions, after I assign a duty officer into the first slot; when I assign a second officer, it replaces him intead of putting it into the second slot.

Example: Basic Starship Pilot Excercise requires a Tactical Officer (Top slot) and a Conn Officer (Lower Slot). I loaded a Shield Distribution Officer into the Tactical slot. When I loaded my Conn Officer, it went into the Tactical Slot, and my Shield Distribution Officer becomes unslotted.

Edit: I was finally able to get this mission to start after loading 2 Conn Officers.

On the Recalibrate Primary Weapon Coils mission, I was only able to get it to load by using one engineer and one operations officer. It would not load with 2 maintenance engineers.

2) Numerous missions are telling me I do not have a required duty officer, but when I look, I have them in reserve. My VA has a crew of 80, and can't do most of the Doff missions because of this. In one case, I have enough eligible Doffs to fill the mission twice.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-20-2011, 06:15 PM
I also see this problem.

BTW, I'm not a fan of the new mini-menu that gives you "suggested" DOFF's for the mission instead of showing your full list

Now you have to go click the button down below to get to the full menu, which is really annoying and completely unnecessary.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-20-2011, 08:53 PM
+1 to both the above.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsettiTyr

1) On some missions, after I assign a duty officer into the first slot; when I assign a second officer, it replaces him intead of putting it into the second slot.
Known issue. It's on our list of things to address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostamojen View Post
BTW, I'm not a fan of the new mini-menu that gives you "suggested" DOFF's for the mission instead of showing your full list

Now you have to go click the button down below to get to the full menu, which is really annoying and completely unnecessary.
There is a "Settings" tab on the duty officer user interface that lets you turn this off.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Doff Assignments
10-21-2011, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsettiTyr

Example: Basic Starship Pilot Excercise requires a Tactical Officer (Top slot) and a Conn Officer (Lower Slot). I loaded a Shield Distribution Officer into the Tactical slot. When I loaded my Conn Officer, it went into the Tactical Slot, and my Shield Distribution Officer becomes unslotted.

Edit: I was finally able to get this mission to start after loading 2 Conn Officers.

On the Recalibrate Primary Weapon Coils mission, I was only able to get it to load by using one engineer and one operations officer. It would not load with 2 maintenance engineers.

2) Numerous missions are telling me I do not have a required duty officer, but when I look, I have them in reserve. My VA has a crew of 80, and can't do most of the Doff missions because of this. In one case, I have enough eligible Doffs to fill the mission twice.
Well, what I have found is for the first part is that you have to click on the slot you want to put a Doff in, then the recommended officers will be shown, select the officer you want, the click on the next empty slot.

Second point, you might have enough officers to do the assignment, but they all have to be in your reserve roster, and not on active duty, sickbay or on assignment.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
There is a "Settings" tab on the duty officer user interface that lets you turn this off.
Thank you!