Lt. Commander
# 31
10-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernevil
Nope. You've misunderstood the entire system. Why do you think there are two Mks per tier? The lower Mk (odd Mks) has always been the cheap, vendor-available, moderate gear and the higher Mk (even Mks) have always been the drop-only or badge/mark/emblem-vendor-only gear. Both Mks per tier then also have a rarity - White/common is moderate, everything else is not.
Uh, no. White Mk 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 ground weapons always used to be in the weapons vendor on earth. I recall seeing some other even mark whites in vendors for EC, though not specifically which ones or where.
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-21-2011, 02:24 PM
There is already a lagre thread on this

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=237420

Lets keep our feedback there and at the to of the fourm list so thevs hear us.
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-21-2011, 02:39 PM
I've been big on crafting in every game I've played that allowed it. Thus far I've been fairly disappointed with the crafting system in STO. Mostly this is because in most other games (WoW, NWN, even Sims:Medieval) the "high end items" are some of the best in the game. Also, they require patterns/recipes/whatever which are difficult to come by, but require very little actual money to craft (outside of money spent buying reagents from other players if you don't feel like farming it yourself). Basically, anything that can be crafted here can be bought for only dilithium with the exception of the Aegis set (and the bonuses are different). Basically this replaces a portion of the dilithium cost with crafting components.

Instead of increasing the cost of manufacturing these items, perhaps increasing the rarity by making them more difficult to learn might be a better approach. Also, adding more "unique" gear then a single ship-based set might be nice too. Unless of course, as someone said earlier, the goal is to make crafting useless.
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkeRealm View Post
Uh, no. White Mk 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 ground weapons always used to be in the weapons vendor on earth. I recall seeing some other even mark whites in vendors for EC, though not specifically which ones or where.
I apologize, you are correct. There are some vendors who have all 10 Mks of gear (white quality only) for EC. I was mistaken, probably because all the non-EC vendors only have the even-Mk gear. (Though my quick research shows they currently start at Green quality; i.e.: In the old time-based currencies, Green was considered an appropriately better quality to be worth your Dilithium-equivalent-currency.)
Lt. Commander
Okay, this is just pitiful. I'm seriously considering canceling my subscription because of this. None of this is even LOGICAL! (And no, that was NOT a reference to the Vulcans) All this will do is make people realize that now the game is so deperate for money, that they will leave to avoid paying for LESS! Is BioWare paying you to drive us away so that we're more willing to play The Old Republic? This is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard, and I had to make TWO e-mail confirmations just to post this. Cryptic, you have just lost a formally loyal customer. Good day to you, sir.
Lt. Commander
# 36 Dilithium- bad idea
01-15-2012, 05:54 PM
I left STO for a while from the expense of it. I returned for the free play thinking I might consider returning on a paying basis even but, wow....the dilithium thing really turns me off. Pay or no pay monthly, it stinks. Some say the "dedicated episode" players will have no need of dilithium. How little Cryptic understands the player. Players range from episode lovers to interactive battle fanatics but one thing is common, we all want to build and improve upon our ships. Some are obsessed, some just want to have that secondary goal. To the argument that says "episode players will have little or no need of dilithium" .....fine, you have a frail point but, I will grant you it for the sake of argument. In doing so, I will say....then why don't you make the free play as episode only? Hmmmm? You know you will not, you have money at stake and you are banking on the fact that everyone wants to be able to improve on ships so, if you really believe your statement then, be consistent with it. Also, I agree that rare items should be rare and throttling their access has merit but, you have let the genie out of the bottle already. Those that enter now are at a disadvantage for PvP. How are you going to fix that? You can't but, you feel that it is ok for new customers to suffer. And lastly...I agree, if the c-store had anything worthwhile, you would not have to worry. Your ship designs are atrocious, player content is not allowed and customization is scant. I've een in the corp board room and, what I see and hear from STO is the same disconnected rababa and self serving rationalization you hear anywhere. Be a gamer for once and the customers will come.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Zombies.....(There everywhere!)
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-16-2012, 10:34 AM
responding late, of course, but still a valid contribution nonetheless.

I agree with the OP.

I haven't crafted in forever on holodeck because of the ridiculous prices.