Lt. Commander
# 1 Path to F2P Dev Blog #15
10-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Stephen discusses the changes made to Star Trek Online's Strategic Task Forces in this update on the Path to F2P.

Link to the Article
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-21-2011, 06:07 PM
You guys probably should have addressed peoples issues with the rDilithium in Crafting issue first...

New STFs are here,ok fine, i'll be glad to test them once crafting has been fixed, otherwise all these new STF gears you are advertising negates Crafted Items worth at high end.
Why would I wanna grind/refine Dilithium to craft high end gear when I can go get the STF gears that are, supposedly, just as good and better??
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-21-2011, 06:10 PM
This should probably not have come without acknowledgement of feedback from 14, first, honestly.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Ooookay Cool I guess, maybe I'll do be able to do them for more than once every month. Also you forgot to mention how you were changing crafting back....at least I HOPE you forgot.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraKet View Post
This should probably not have come without acknowledgement of feedback from 14, first, honestly.
This. /\

Credit where credit is due; these do sound like good changes to STFs.
I'm looking forward to this.

That said, anything good right now is tainted by the lack of response to the issues raised over #14.
It would have been wiser to devote this one to churning out some honest forthright responses/apologies.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Post does not warn you that the new ground stuff has no GFX or animations on Tribble yet.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-21-2011, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraKet View Post
We're well aware of, and have been reading the feedback from blog #14, just like we read the rest of the forums.

If you were looking for a post that says, "Hey! We read things! These things even!" Well, here you go.

If you're looking for a post saying, "This is what we're going to do about this feedback from blog #14," please remember that it takes time for us to be able to read all that feedback, discuss it amongst the team, decide on a course of action, put it through testing, and then tell you about it as the changes are coming.

Work on crafting is continuing. That work does not stop the people who work on STFs from working on STFs.

So please, let's keep this thread about STFs. Not about crafting.

There's already several threads about crafting.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-21-2011, 06:40 PM
Wait, so we don't have to pay dilithium to start an STF? Are you sure the dev blog is correct?

Maybe that'll be for the elite version...

Edit: Oh, fine, STF comment. I really like the look of the new armor, so having it elite-mode only is going to annoy a lot of casual players that rarely run STFs, and tremble in fear at the thought of making them harder.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-21-2011, 06:44 PM
May I ask the thought process behind introducing the 'salvage' currency? Why not give dilithium as a reward? Or ECs?

I do like the idea of breaking up the STFs into smaller chunks. This is a boon to a working geeky mom like me who can manage to sit down for an hour or 2 at a time and not get interrupted (barring child emergencies), but not necessarily 3 or 4 hour stretches to do an entire STF at one time. I appreciate the addition of that feature very much. I like the PvE queue idea, and may give that a try on the Tribble server.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-21-2011, 06:47 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade