Lt. Commander
# 11
10-21-2011, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectual View Post
Back to dilithium, the limits on dilithium gear I can live with, but not crafting. If they want to fix the energy credits issue, they should consider adding a crafting fee per item that costs Energy Credits.

Energy credits would make a lot more sense yeah. It's also a tradeable currency, so it wouldn't kill community crafting either.

Off topic; you might wanna change your signature. The restriction is 500 x 150 pixels and you'll earn yourself a restriction point if Cryptic decides to moderate it for you. (There is a global sticky on top of all the forums that explains the signature limits better.)
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-21-2011, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishka
Energy credits would make a lot more sense yeah. It's also a tradeable currency, so it wouldn't kill community crafting either.

Off topic; you might wanna change your signature. The restriction is 500 x 150 pixels and you'll earn yourself a restriction point if Cryptic decides to moderate it for you. (There is a global sticky on top of all the forums that explains the signature limits better.)
For what it's worth, I've seen a lot of oversized signatures. So, it doesn't seem like it's that strictly enforced.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-21-2011, 05:45 AM
Going off topic atm, but I've also seen a lot of infriction points being handed out and Cryptic banning signatures. I figured it'd be fair to warn him of it, once a player gets reported for his signature they do react to it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-21-2011, 06:48 AM
Let me start with my belief that requiring dilithium for crafting is idiotic and will only discourage new players from attempting it. Now let's get into the why of that.
Assuming you are a good little drone and do all the story missions (another bad idea, taking away the freedom of choice in how we level, but that's another rant) you will unlock the breen missions not long before/ after you hit VA. Now these missions provide you with the cluster torpedo, shields, deflector, and engine. All free of dilithium. But so what? You still need ship weapons, personal shields, and ground weapons. That is correct. Now enter the devidian series with its purple personal shields and blue ship and ground weapons.
Armed with these less than stellar but good enough weapons and equipment you can now start grinding the STFs for the Borg gear, which is also free of dilithium last I checked. So please, explain to me why I would ever spend my dilithium to craft?
Logic dictates that the dilithium cost be removed from crafting and, if necessary, a different gating mechanic put in place.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-22-2011, 03:09 AM
If they really go with what the OP said (even lightly) then I don't think I can play STO anymore. Kinda sucks, since I really like the game too