Lt. Commander
# 1 Tribble = Mirror Universe STO?
10-22-2011, 03:26 AM
So, while the web site was "down" or in some sort of maintenance mode for a few minutes in the early a.m., the launcher for the game loaded with some sort of backup or alternate page. It had text in a couple different languages; but one thing that was funny was the buttons for selecting servers. They were labeled "Holodeck," "Mirror Universe," and "Public Test," with "Mirror Universe" being the one in the middle that usually says "F2P Test (Tribble)." Given the general tone of reactions to the Big Changes so far on Tribble, it seemed more than a little ironic that apparently "Mirror Universe" is, or was, the internal or code name for the New STO.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-22-2011, 05:41 AM
That is indeed kind of funny if the situation weren't so grim...
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-22-2011, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelorKiith View Post
Things are grim? I don't think things have ever been more positive for STO, and I've been a pretty ardent critic!
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-22-2011, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
Things are grim? I don't think things have ever been more positive for STO, and I've been a pretty ardent critic!
I agree. I think it's all pretty exciing at the moment. All this activity is what we've been waiting almost all year for!
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-22-2011, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelorKiith View Post
I take it the odds are against us and the situation is grim?

Sounds like fun.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-22-2011, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
So, while the web site was "down" or in some sort of maintenance mode for a few minutes in the early a.m., the launcher for the game loaded with some sort of backup or alternate page. It had text in a couple different languages; but one thing that was funny was the buttons for selecting servers. They were labeled "Holodeck," "Mirror Universe," and "Public Test," with "Mirror Universe" being the one in the middle that usually says "F2P Test (Tribble)." Given the general tone of reactions to the Big Changes so far on Tribble, it seemed more than a little ironic that apparently "Mirror Universe" is, or was, the internal or code name for the New STO.
Yes, the exact same thing happened to me one night while loading the launcher. "Mirror Universe" was between "Holodeck" and "Public Test". I had assumed they changed the name, but when I clicked on it it caused the launcher to crash. The next time I tried, it loaded correctly with "Tribble" instead of "Mirror Universe"

I do wonder what "Mirror Universe" is supposed to be.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I take it the odds are against us and the situation is grim?

Sounds like fun.
lol Kirk would be proud and take the challenge of F2P head on