Lt. Commander
I was doing the Starfleet Academy event picking up particle fragments. I had about 25 fragments saved up when I got a screen full of messages saying that I'd just used a particle fragment. Sure enough, I checked inventory and they were all gone. All I was doing was running down a sidewalk toward a particle and BAM!, all gone. Won't be wasting time doing THIS again.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Particle fragments dissapear after a set amount of time~ one hour.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy277
Particle fragments dissapear after a set amount of time~ one hour.
Including the fragments in my inventory that I had picked up 5 minutes ago during the event I was in but before the event ended?
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-25-2011, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscorp
Including the fragments in my inventory that I had picked up 5 minutes ago during the event I was in but before the event ended?
Yep, all particles disappear when the event ends. You've either got to turn them in for dilithium or sell them to a vendor if you don't have enough to get the dilithium
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-25-2011, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksterbro View Post
Yep, all particles disappear when the event ends. You've either got to turn them in for dilithium or sell them to a vendor if you don't have enough to get the dilithium
Clearly time travel is involved here.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-25-2011, 02:03 AM
OK, maybe I have not been clear. The event had NOT ended. I was only about 40 minutes into the event and all the fragments I had collected in the last 40 minutes suddenly disappeared. It had NOT been an hour. My fragments went away and the event continued for another 20 minutes THEN ended. The few fragments I collected in the last 20 minutes of the event are STILL in my inventory 2 DAYS LATER even after returning to the academy.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscorp
OK, maybe I have not been clear. The event had NOT ended. I was only about 40 minutes into the event and all the fragments I had collected in the last 40 minutes suddenly disappeared. It had NOT been an hour. My fragments went away and the event continued for another 20 minutes THEN ended. The few fragments I collected in the last 20 minutes of the event are STILL in my inventory 2 DAYS LATER even after returning to the academy.
If you reported it as a bug there's no problem, it'll get investigated and fixed before it goes live
Empire Veteran
# 8
08-09-2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
I was doing the Starfleet Academy event picking up particle fragments. I had about 25 fragments saved up when I got a screen full of messages saying that I'd just used a particle fragment. Sure enough, I checked inventory and they were all gone. All I was doing was running down a sidewalk toward a particle and BAM!, all gone. Won't be wasting time doing THIS again.
Been wanting to report this issue as well, had a stack of 99 once and they all got "used" in front of my eyes, no way to stop it, one at a time they were removed from my inventory (had inventory open and all these were acquired during this same event so TIME is not the issue).. that would make the third time it has happened since I started playing (two month span).

I now keep small stacks... 30 or less, can usually pull off at least two 60 awards, but always very cautious now

Server down time allows me to visit the forum..