Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
I know who I'm putting my $ on.
Anything else but cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-23-2011, 07:01 AM
This is saddening.

The DOffs took forever, and supposedly have a LOT of time and energy invested into their benefits. And they're supposed to be "small" bonuses that aren't going to be hugely game changing... But now you're instantly going to be at a disadvantage if you don't use DOffs. Exact opposite of what was said.

AND, once again, it's a form of PvE we have to do in order to stay competitive in PvP.

So much for more attention being paid to PvP...
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-23-2011, 07:06 AM
Also, freaking SADFACE.

Now my GW3 is not only going to be invalidated by the improved BFI, but it risks setting off some über regen procs even moreso than just the Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-23-2011, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
but this is only when you brace for impact right?
when you take damage right after hitting BFI. So it's no good unless you're being fired on.

Considered posting this thread on TTS forum, but I'm honestly not sure if this is a big issue. After all it is no resist. I'd argue for a nerf to EPtoS and Extend before this one I think... hmm...
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-23-2011, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Also, freaking SADFACE.

Now my GW3 is not only going to be invalidated by the improved BFI, but it risks setting off some über regen procs even moreso than just the Borg.
It's all good. Your own Doffs can spawn multiple GWs to snare everyone!
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-23-2011, 08:47 AM
This game is absolutely ridiculous.

Remember South Carolina? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

If STO didn't LOOK so damn good................ I would care so much more.

Quote:
This is saddening.

The DOffs took forever, and supposedly have a LOT of time and energy invested into their benefits. And they're supposed to be "small" bonuses that aren't going to be hugely game changing... But now you're instantly going to be at a disadvantage if you don't use DOffs. Exact opposite of what was said.

AND, once again, it's a form of PvE we have to do in order to stay competitive in PvP.

Lt. Commander
# 17
10-23-2011, 08:49 AM
Meh, I've never been a graphics over gameplay kind of person.

Sure it looks good, but is it actually fun to play?

At this point STO is not, and with what's on tribble now, it never will be.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Quote:
This is saddening.

We are coming off Champions Online engine and it also seems, off mentality where everyone is a superhero.
By we I mean Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-23-2011, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
Just opening a thread on strong DOFF bonuses that may need some attention before they go live...

Here is a screenie of the BFI button on my BoP on Tribble server now...

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/5673/bfii.jpg

I have 3 boffs equipped that all give shield regen chance with BFI. 2x 30% chance and 4x 20% chance of proccing. This has basically become the main shield heal on this ship.. though the degree of regen is a bit unpredictable.

I do not know what surprises me the fact that cryptic is borking things again or the fact that you think the devs will pay attention to this thread for any other reason than to Dole out infractions or bans.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-24-2011, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
I do not know what surprises me the fact that cryptic is borking things again or the fact that you think the devs will pay attention to this thread for any other reason than to Dole out infractions or bans.
This thread was made here mainly for collecting community thoughts about this and other doff skills, with the intention of posting the conculsion in the TTS section if necessary. Heretic is really busy these days, tweaking the Doff system and adjusting effects and rewards, so if ever, this is the time to get something done.

However, since this for some reason has turned into a "Cruptic sux! Star Wars is awsome!" thread, I'd rather have the mods close the thread, as nothing productive seems to come from it... :p