Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 71
10-21-2011, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGideon
Seems to me too many people even *care* whether or not it's going P2W.

I'm sorry, but when did this become a competition?

I don't care one iota if I'm a "better" or more efficient player than any of you. I don't play this game to win. I play this game to immerse myself in and enjoy the universe it's based in. I play this game to follow the story for my crew and let my imagination play out the rest.

Yeah, I realize I'm in the minority.

And that's a damned shame.
If you want to immerse yourself into whatever RP fantasy you desire for your ship and crew... this is NOT the subforum for you, man.

If you want to RP in PvP, that's your choice, but then you're stepping into a public arena (lol?) where other opinions matter, not just your own.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 72 #winning!
10-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Oh that's so precious! I was reading something earlier from a guy who thought the Romulan's ability to one shot needed to be toned down because as a "traditionalist, respawning is cheating."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 73
10-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Oh that's so precious! I was reading something earlier from a guy who thought the Romulan's ability to one shot needed to be toned down because as a "traditionalist, respawning is cheating."
Traditionalist of what exactly?

Clearly not a traditionalist gamer. Nintendo Hard is a term for a reason.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 74
10-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
The match making is horrible for beginners because you go in with T1 and up against T10, I know it is supposed to balance but a T1 heavy cannot touch a T10 heavy. I am learning though the biggest thing is this game reliies on experience each tank has a soft spot and it is matter of finding it and hitting and remmembering where it is every time you come up against the tank type
Don't lie, unless you are grouped with a t10 as a t1 the worst the matchmaker will place a t1 is with t1-2, other tiers have a 3 tier spread.

You however have 4 premium tanks, including a lowe which costs 12500 gold (at 6500 gold $30) the t59 you have is 7500 gold, and has plenty of threads about it bein OP as a tank and the mm gives it more faverable battles.

However despite your attempt to buy yourself a win your stats are appalling, tanks are not balanced against each other but around thier win rate, if a tank has a higher win rate it will get nerf'd to attempt to bring it into a 50/50 ratio. You tho seem to have a win rate of only 41%, you have a win rate of less than 30% on some tanks, you are a liability in that game and a reason players dislike 'wallet warriors' you are simply not skilled enough to have a t8 tank which is why you think one player cannot make a differnce.

STO - Wrath, WOT Ketsunoana
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 75
10-22-2011, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Oh that's so precious! I was reading something earlier from a guy who thought the Romulan's ability to one shot needed to be toned down because as a "traditionalist, respawning is cheating."
LOL

You know he has a real point... a TRUE RPer would delete their toon before using the god mode cheat called respawn.

Mabey they could sell genesis devices on the Cstore for the RP crowd;

One Use
Activates Respawn Genesis Effect.

Or perhaps they could be obtainable for say 25k in Dilithum from shady ferengi traders. lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 76
10-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
-snip-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickofnack
-snip-
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeSolo View Post
-snip-
Hmm....I'll look into it and probably give it a shot, thanks
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 77
10-22-2011, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
LOL

You know he has a real point... a TRUE RPer would delete their toon before using the god mode cheat called respawn.

Mabey they could sell genesis devices on the Cstore for the RP crowd;

One Use
Activates Respawn Genesis Effect.

Or perhaps they could be obtainable for say 25k in Dilithum from shady ferengi traders. lol
What? No Corbomite Device? I object, I should be able to kill people for the crime of blowing me up! Disgraceful I say! :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 78
10-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickofnack
i have a lot more exp under my belt in the game than your self. I even do clan wars. 1 good tank can make a diff. I have seen people kill 10 by themselves to turn a battle around. best i have done is 9. you just have to know what your doing. Hell a buddy and i killed 13 out of the 15 guys in one battle. my best advice is l2p your p2w tanks. the match making system is fine. but you wont ever find a game that your happy with.
I can't quite believe your claims if you're calling premiums p2w. Premium tanks suck compared to full upgraded normal tanks. There were/are only a few that could be called P2W or come close to being as good as ordinary tanks. First in my mind that t2(?) german prem with the comparitively amazing armour that had it's tiering nerfed so it wouldn't dominate loltraktors and BT2s, the Lowe for it's gun(only good thing about it, the turret can be surpisingly bouncy tho) and the Type 59 is good too(I've made T44 bounce several 1D10T shots in a row from not so hot players, so Type 59...). I can only speak personally of the Lowe, it's got punch but has strong limitations with the low mobility and unimpressive armour.

WoT does have P2W in the form of gold ammo, (VK3601 konische gun being a prime example) since gold ammo can completely change the targets you can go after and kill instead of merely annoy, and to a smaller extent the other consumables, but not premium tanks. Premium tanks are cash grinders not OP P2Whoring.

Although it is true one or a few good players can make a big difference, even turning around the game singlehandedly with a bit of luck and good tactics, a competitive tank helps too(can kill tanks instead of spot/+ arty kill).

To Captain Data, try to stick to your xp gained tanks and play the t8s intermittently for credits, think about how you died and what you might of been able to do to avoid it, and remember to minimise the LoS angles you're exposed to as much as possible, you'll get the hang of it, when I started WoT I only had like 47% win until I hit t6 and slowed down to think about things, result a T34-85 with 60% win and a T1 heavy on 58% when I moved up to the next tanks with everything unlocked.

What you've got to do though is avoid blaming your tank, yes some are underpar but do that and you'll become defeatist, never improve and be one of those players with t8+ whining their faction tanks are UP when they've got 45% win rate at best on everything.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 79
10-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockeryangel
I can't quite believe your claims if you're calling premiums p2w. Premium tanks suck compared to full upgraded normal tanks. There were/are only a few that could be called P2W or come close to being as good as ordinary tanks. First in my mind that t2(?) german prem with the comparitively amazing armour that had it's tiering nerfed so it wouldn't dominate loltraktors and BT2s, the Lowe for it's gun(only good thing about it, the turret can be surpisingly bouncy tho) and the Type 59 is good too(I've made T44 bounce several 1D10T shots in a row from not so hot players, so Type 59...). I can only speak personally of the Lowe, it's got punch but has strong limitations with the low mobility and unimpressive armour.

WoT does have P2W in the form of gold ammo, (VK3601 konische gun being a prime example) since gold ammo can completely change the targets you can go after and kill instead of merely annoy, and to a smaller extent the other consumables, but not premium tanks. Premium tanks are cash grinders not OP P2Whoring.

Although it is true one or a few good players can make a big difference, even turning around the game singlehandedly with a bit of luck and good tactics, a competitive tank helps too(can kill tanks instead of spot/+ arty kill).

To Captain Data, try to stick to your xp gained tanks and play the t8s intermittently for credits, think about how you died and what you might of been able to do to avoid it, and remember to minimise the LoS angles you're exposed to as much as possible, you'll get the hang of it, when I started WoT I only had like 47% win until I hit t6 and slowed down to think about things, result a T34-85 with 60% win and a T1 heavy on 58% when I moved up to the next tanks with everything unlocked.

What you've got to do though is avoid blaming your tank, yes some are underpar but do that and you'll become defeatist, never improve and be one of those players with t8+ whining their faction tanks are UP when they've got 45% win rate at best on everything.
Everything you say right now is right. I have played better as of late though the mysterious one shot kill from an invisible tank that kills me then kills another guy across the map with in seconds is bit annoying and no he isn't artillery. The biggest learning curve is remembering the weak spots of tanks as you come up against them. The only complaint I have is match making beginners should not be going against tanks 5+ tiers higher because that is one way to turn off prospective players. My T1 tank emptied its ammo on a tank and it only dropped to 80% then boom I died. The pacing can be a little slow also, not a lot of variety.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 80
10-23-2011, 11:22 PM
/epicderail
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:07 PM.