Lt. Commander
# 61
10-24-2011, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekSlide
You and I are not playing the same game! Also, on what basis do you say Star Trek is not suited to PVP?
I would be more inclined to agree that you are not suited or do not enjoy PVP.

Unless you are playing Hello Kitty, I don't understand how PVP wouldn't apply to a great majority of games and IP's, INCLUDING Star Trek. Starfleet vs Klingons and all that... Competition breeding excellence and all that...
YOU!

You've escaped my warp plasma for the last time!
Lt. Commander
# 62
10-24-2011, 08:29 AM
@Mavario, I thought those where just perks from on high.....

@thread, PvP is a part of everything real or fanatsy as strife, conflict and combat exists everywhere. Even in peaceful times though we may not recognize it.
Or to say, the rat race is nothing more than a form of PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 63
10-24-2011, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekSlide
I would be more inclined to agree that you are not suited or do not enjoy PVP.
I would sign that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
@thread, PvP is a part of everything real or fanatsy as strife, conflict and combat exists everywhere. Even in peaceful times though we may not recognize it.
Or to say, the rat race is nothing more than a form of PvP.
Actually I couldnt care less in whose opinion conflict is a part of what in wich times.
Bottom line is: For many people in this game pvp is fun (well as long as its not broken like with the AMS arround), and that needs no further explanation.

Also its one of the few little "Content" sources that does not become to repetetive.
So we do not have to justify the existence of pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 64
10-24-2011, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
We do not have to justify the existence of pvp.
This ultimately. Cryptic has put in the game. it won't go away, just like Carriers won't go away, or Exploration missions, or Crafting. It is Cryptic's responsibility to make all of these things better, no matter if a certain player hates (boo to Carriers in my Trek) it or not.
Lt. Commander
# 65
10-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Actually I couldnt care less in whose opinion conflict is a part of what in wich times.
Bottom line is: For many people in this game pvp is fun (well as long as its not broken like with the AMS arround), and that needs no further explanation.

Also its one of the few little "Content" sources that does not become to repetetive.
So we do not have to justify the existence of pvp.
I'm not arguing its normally fun..
I was stating the obviuos for..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2099
I think it would be good for Cryptic to recognize that the Star Trek universe is just not well suited to PvP and focus solely on creating new content for PvE.
.....that conflict exists everywhere and the ST genre is not immune or unused to it.
Lt. Commander
# 66
10-26-2011, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I'm not arguing its normally fun..
I was stating the obviuos for..

.....that conflict exists everywhere and the ST genre is not immune or unused to it.
I didnt mean to critisize your statement, I wantet to point out that no real statement is needet in the first place as an answer to that.
Lt. Commander
# 67
10-26-2011, 07:13 AM
Quote:
I didnt mean to critisize your statement, I wantet to point out that no real statement is needet in the first place as an answer to that.
No worries. No offense taken and you are right the obviuos need not been said.