Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dawg1
Excuse me for not being more specific, I was referring to the Khitomer Accords, in 2293 (Undiscovered Country) that brought the "cold war" with the Empire to an end. While it's true the treaty allying the UFP and Klingon Empire wasn't hashed out until the 2340s, at least ("20 years" ago, in TNG), the first round of talks began at the end of the 23rd century (Undiscovered Country).

But, in Undiscovered Country, they specifically say that disarmament was being pushed ("the dismantling of our space stations and starbases along the Neutral Zone" as Spock says, and downsizing Starfleet was the next issue brought up among the admirals). Those are the "peace talks" I was referring to.

Speaking of following up on ST lore: this was never stated on screen. All they said was the Soyuz class had been "out of service for 80 years," which given Season 5's year of 2368 would be around 2288. Since Geordi didn't give an exact number of years (he could have rounded up/down as people often do when speaking off the cuff), then my admittedly non-canon backstory for the class still has some wiggle room. And, besides, I'm not asking anyone to endorse it, I was just contributing to the theoretical debate.

And there's no need to be rude.
huge FYI. if you take some time you would notice that a Soyus class is in the task force sent to assist the USS Enterprise E during nemesis. all you have to do is Q up all the names. the federation still use the ships. they just dont build them anymore. some however were decommissioned. just saying just cause you didnt see it on the big screen doesnt mean true star trek fans didnt do they home work. i wanted to know the ships in the task force so i fired up the ship names and registry numbers and sure enough i got what i wanted to know. there is what is called "behide the scenes" lore which generoddeny bury and others have created in books in such.

thus if you really like to say im wrong and being rude when telling you the facts. perhaps you should do all your home work so i dont have to tell you how it is, while being a bit "rude" while doing so. be happy i didnt call you stupid like most people where im from. i know people make mistakes, but please sir if your going to call someone out make sure you have the facts. soyus are used by the federation as patrol ships. bottom line. the motion pictures told us that.