Lt. Commander
# 381
10-13-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
They're still coming; unfortunately between the work on the space skill tree revamp, the duty officer system, and getting the carrier changes (including AI commands) nailed down for Tribble Geko and I have both been completely swamped.

I am hoping to squeeze some time in sometime next week to work on Tactical Team; the skill splitting and new power are both going to be very complicated.
Glad to see your doing this important stuff! (read pm please)
Lt. Commander
# 382
10-13-2011, 01:13 PM
PSW has been nerfed plenty. Sure, multiple coordinated attackers can be tough but the most obvious response then becomes coordinated support.

They need to fix what's broken (and in the process of being broken).
Lt. Commander
# 383
10-13-2011, 01:28 PM
speaking of skill changes, i noticed on tribble that gorn mines cloak, or MES intently when deployed. haven't tried using mines my self, to see if its more then just gorn. i like it, and it has a basis in cannon, though they should be self replicating until you run itnto them, you might actually feel 30 mines hitting you...
Lt. Commander
# 384
10-13-2011, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
speaking of skill changes, i noticed on tribble that gorn mines cloak, or MES intently when deployed. haven't tried using mines my self, to see if its more then just gorn. i like it, and it has a basis in cannon, though they should be self replicating until you run itnto them, you might actually feel 30 mines hitting you...
That's one of the changes to mines they wanted to implement to reduce "visible" spam. In my starter cruiser with full aux I see them at ~2,9km with 25aux ~2,3km. 2,3km is just enough to see how they lock on you. In the middle of combat you probably couldn't even evade them seeing them on 2,9km. But they are still harmless. If Tricobalt mines cloak too I don't know but they might become an actual danger. *thumbs up*
Lt. Commander
# 385
10-24-2011, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
They're still coming; unfortunately between the work on the space skill tree revamp, the duty officer system, and getting the carrier changes (including AI commands) nailed down for Tribble Geko and I have both been completely swamped.

I am hoping to squeeze some time in sometime next week to work on Tactical Team; the skill splitting and new power are both going to be very complicated.
Well heretic, I want to start out by saying thank you for at least listening to us, the pvp community. Please understand that this post isn't directed at you personally, but at all of cryptic and the decisions they have made to put pvp as such a low priority. The fact that you put aside the concerns of balance, especially to pvp, and picked up the work load of pve content again has solidified in my mind where cryptic ranks pvp in the scheme of STO. Not one dev is dedicated to pvp, which could easily be one of the greatest strengths STO has to offer due to how unique of an experience it is. Instead crytic continues to develope new content that piles on broken abilities on top of broken abilities with no concern to balance instead of spending the time necessary to just fix the abilities you guys KNOW are broken. This is like building a house. If you make your foundation strong enough, you can build up from that and have something great. Instead you guys are knowingly starting with broken abilities, and going up from their (SS and AMS?). you know what happens when you keep building on top of a busted foundation? Well, look around, it beginning to topple. Some of your loyalist customers are leaving. I've given you the benefit of the doubt for a long time that you guys were going to come through at least enough to fix some broken mechanics, if not at least give us a little new content. I mean, how hard is it to give us a couple of new maps to shoot at each other? When you posted this heretic, it gave me some hope. But putting us on the backburner once again severed the last shred of hope I had for STO PVP. I'll be canceling my sub. Gl with F2P
Lt. Commander
# 386
10-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Fallout canceling sub = sad horizon.

Do something cryptic, or this sad horizon may be a Jedi on 12/20.
Lt. Commander
# 387
10-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Fallout break up that text man. Make some paragraphs.
Lt. Commander
# 388
10-24-2011, 04:58 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! i miss BRJ
Lt. Commander
# 389
10-24-2011, 06:02 PM
well im happy about the ss change. not so happy about the tt change. i do understand now after reading all these pages of why tact team was a little too good. dident know that it just killed off some other choices of powers so they just could not be used. my powers are rapid fire cannon 3 high yield 3 and the 2 same powers but on 1. i gave omega and tact team 1 and 2. and torp spread 1. yes the tt let me get focused fired on like crazy by the whole team and let me surive to get away. in the start of this thred i wondered why people would change tt. i was a huge whiner for ss. never seen anyone whine for tt. glad i read all these pages and seen pvp guys point this out. now i just need to know what 2 versions of tt i need lol. but i will have the 2 diff versions. but i see the pve guys getting upset. sure for pve there needs to be blance. but if they want to 1 shoot the ai let them. just keep it fair in pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 390
10-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKEN1981
well im happy about the ss change. not so happy about the tt change. i do understand now after reading all these pages of why tact team was a little too good. dident know that it just killed off some other choices of powers so they just could not be used. my powers are rapid fire cannon 3 high yield 3 and the 2 same powers but on 1. i gave omega and tact team 1 and 2. and torp spread 1. yes the tt let me get focused fired on like crazy by the whole team and let me surive to get away. in the start of this thred i wondered why people would change tt. i was a huge whiner for ss. never seen anyone whine for tt. glad i read all these pages and seen pvp guys point this out. now i just need to know what 2 versions of tt i need lol. but i will have the 2 diff versions. but i see the pve guys getting upset. sure for pve there needs to be blance. but if they want to 1 shoot the ai let them. just keep it fair in pvp.
Anything is possible if you don't know what you're talking about.