Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
10-26-2011, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
I have heard some reports about issues with the Tachyon Probes on the Marauder. Is it they won't launch without an enemy target, or they literally won't launch at all? We checked the data the other day quickly and it looked like it should have the right permissions...
They don't launch at all. You get the effect when you click them, the cooldown starts running, but no probes appear out of the ship. Which is strange, because they work just fine with the Corsair. Oh and since I got your attention, one minor detail with the Pig (aka Marauder). The marauding scout force is initially placed into the hangar, which bugs out the game, and drops it into the overflow bag, because it is a console.

Edit: forgot to mention, the only difference I can see with the drones and the normal hangar bay stuff like fighters, is that the drones have a different icon in the hotbar. They seem to be represented as devices, with blue background and distinc icon. Maybe that is what makes problems for the Marauder?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
10-26-2011, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
No.

I'm not buying any more real C-Store points that I don't need in order to get fake C-Store points on Tribble to test stuff for you guys. Allow me to buy fake points without purchasing real points and I'll go hog wild and test them all.

Until then I'll just test other more important stuff.


I don't understand....You want to pay the same amount, but get less value? What?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
10-26-2011, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
I have heard some reports about issues with the Tachyon Probes on the Marauder. Is it they won't launch without an enemy target, or they literally won't launch at all? We checked the data the other day quickly and it looked like it should have the right permissions...
For me it's the former. They need an enemy target within 15km to launch. I think the other issue might be related to why sometimes instead of activating your skills go on 10-15 second cooldown instead. I've noticed it most often with torpedo skills.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
10-26-2011, 09:58 AM
The only issue I have is the name. Why is an Orion/KDF ship named after an American WWII Fighter plane. Doesn't make alot of sense.

Just saying.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
10-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
The only issue I have is the name. Why is an Orion/KDF ship named after an American WWII Fighter plane. Doesn't make alot of sense.

Just saying.
It's not -- "corsair" is actually another name for a privateer, someone who raids foreign shipping on behalf of a government. Fairly appropriate considering the Orions' background and their current status with the Klingons.

Double bonus since, as originally conceived, "flight deck cruisers" in the pre-WWII era were expected to be most useful as commerce raiders...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
10-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynKnight View Post
I don't understand....You want to pay the same amount, but get less value? What?
My point is that the fake C-Store points on Test should not cost me real money to get. I don't need any more C-Store points on Live and I don't want to have to pay for points there to get points on Test. Basically it's a lame way to impel us to purchase points we don't need and I don't like it at all. C-Store points on Test should be FREE.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
10-26-2011, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrobinson
It's not -- "corsair" is actually another name for a privateer, someone who raids foreign shipping on behalf of a government. Fairly appropriate considering the Orions' background and their current status with the Klingons.

Double bonus since, as originally conceived, "flight deck cruisers" in the pre-WWII era were expected to be most useful as commerce raiders...
To expand on this, it doesn't make much since to use an Earth term for the name of a ship. When we have thing that truly sound Alien like the Vor'cha and Ka'tinga, the Corsair doesn't fit the bill.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
10-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
My point is that the fake C-Store points on Test should not cost me real money to get. I don't need any more C-Store points on Live and I don't want to have to pay for points there to get points on Test. Basically it's a lame way to impel us to purchase points we don't need and I don't like it at all. C-Store points on Test should be FREE.

Then wait for the next stipend. I haven't bought one real C-store point, yet I'm testing C-store ships on tribble.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
10-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
To expand on this, it doesn't make much since to use an Earth term for the name of a ship. When we have thing that truly sound Klingon like the Vor'cha and Ka'tinga, the Corsair doesn't fit the bill.
It's an Orion ship, not Klingon.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
10-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
It's an Orion ship, not Klingon.
Right, its an alien ship, not an Earth Ship. I was using the Klingons as examples, since I can't spell the Romulan ship names. Alien ships need to sound alien. Orions are not Human.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:42 PM.