Lt. Commander
I was parked up at ESD and I thought, seeing as I'd never be able to experience space flight, why not take a shot at pseudo space flight.

So I took my ship and decided to circumvent the Earth. Yes, I do know it isn't real, but man, seeing the size of the continents in relation to the size of the planet, I had a very strange sense of feeling really small. I can just image what an astronaught must feel like the first time they go up in space.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-26-2011, 06:33 AM
If you have a lot of time to spend, you might enjoy a free shuttle simulator thingy.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-26-2011, 06:47 AM
if you had about 6 million pounds, then skip it on a russian shuttle trip to the space station for 6 months. or spend upto 200,000 pounds on a specially designed plane to skirt above the earth's atmosphere. better then a computer simulation.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-26-2011, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0tchas View Post
I was parked up at ESD and I thought, seeing as I'd never be able to experience space flight, why not take a shot at pseudo space flight.

So I took my ship and decided to circumvent the Earth. Yes, I do know it isn't real, but man, seeing the size of the continents in relation to the size of the planet, I had a very strange sense of feeling really small. I can just image what an astronaught must feel like the first time they go up in space.
That is really cool, and it is because you allowed yourself to experiance the "Child like wonder" that we as adults rarely if ever alllow to surface. I can not help but ponder that if we all did more of it - that we would not spend so much time trying to destroy each other in this plain we call life. Just a though for the day!
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-27-2011, 05:43 AM
Well now, that's the first step. The next step is when you realize our planet is only a single grain of sand in a universe larger than all of earth's beaches combined. That's when it hits you. We're barelt a speck of a speck in the grand scheme of things. So what we do on this planet wont be known for eons passed generations of humans. I just hope we humans live to see bigger and better things in the universe. Well at least work for a common good in it. Instead of how it is today. Makes me sad in a way.

Anywho... didn't mean the tangent.

::Exits stage dowwwwwn....::
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-27-2011, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallex
Well now, that's the first step. The next step is when you realize our planet is only a single grain of sand in a universe larger than all of earth's beaches combined. That's when it hits you. We're barelt a speck of a speck in the grand scheme of things. So what we do on this planet wont be known for eons passed generations of humans. I just hope we humans live to see bigger and better things in the universe. Well at least work for a common good in it. Instead of how it is today. Makes me sad in a way.

Anywho... didn't mean the tangent.

::Exits stage dowwwwwn....::
Ohhhh that's not insignificant at all! We're like the first microscopic cells of bacteria on a petri dish. Beings staring down at us are probably placing bets on whether we'll cover the whole dish over time or die out. So see, until we start colonizing other planets and can be wiped out with a single natural disaster, this is the most significant time.