Lt. Commander
# 21
10-26-2011, 06:19 AM
noooooo!!!! how am I supposed to keep up the RP with rainbow cruisers everywhere???
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-26-2011, 07:00 AM
I remember being dual specced back in the day. It did disturbingly well. course I've always been a scort pilot so I had the points and still do to burn on silly things like that.

Once upon a time, before the ques were balanced I rolled Tetryon and Plasma, together. It was quite a beautiful sight.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-26-2011, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
I remember being dual specced back in the day. It did disturbingly well. course I've always been a scort pilot so I had the points and still do to burn on silly things like that.

Once upon a time, before the ques were balanced I rolled Tetryon and Plasma, together. It was quite a beautiful sight.
I really, really want to run a Phaser/lolaron cannon/turret boat with Tyken's 3.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-26-2011, 07:57 AM
An easy solution could be to allow players to "fluidly spec" into weapon types - e.g. separate it from the main spec, so that you can transfer points from one type to the other without a respec.

Another idea could be to add a slot on all ships that needs a "weapons control unit" and could only fit one at a time; Without the specific one, energy weapons would perform at 50% (e.g. phasers "WCU", your pahers go 100%, if you put on disruptors they'd only do 50% of their nominal damage).

There are solutions, if the will to implement them is there...